Samsung Galaxy Android Camera

Discussion in 'Samsung Forum' started by Boid, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
  2. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
  3. omrmstro

omrmstro New to SC

Sep 2, 2012
  4. Hyubie

Hyubie SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but curious if anyone out there uses this camera? I've had a chance to handle this camera at a recent trip to BestBuy and ... my, it is addicting. :biggrin:

It was so fun to use because of the large LCD screen -- I don't think there is a camera out there with a larger screen, except the iPad :biggrin: I can understand the lure of being able to use it as a primary Facebook (or any other social media) camera. Can't comment about the IQ though as I did not buy it. But the camera can certainly provide a rest from "serious" photography. (And what I mean by that is when I hold my Pen or Fuji, I have this sort of mental baggage thinking "avoid a snap shot, take an image. avoid a snapshot, take an image."

5. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I dunno. Perhaps it's a generational thing (although I am a long-time early adaptor) but I just don't feel I need most of what this camera has to offer. Honestly, I could see myself with a Nokia Lumia 1020 before this. The Nokia and a Fuji X100s. Talk about bookends.

6. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Have a samsung galaxy 4 w 13mp camera. obviously not as big of a lens but it takes pretty good images. I did look these over, couldn't see the point when I already had the phone though if a phone was in it too how great would that be!