Samsung Galaxy NX user interface

Discussion in 'Samsung NX Forum' started by stratokaster, Aug 30, 2013.

1. stratokaster

stratokaster SC Top Veteran

Dec 27, 2010
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Popco.net has published their review of Galaxy NX that features a quick demo of the camera interface. I think it's kind of poorly thought-out, and what's up with that black bar on top encroaching on the composition?

[video=vimeo;72020983]https://vimeo.com/72020983[/video]

2. RT Panther

RT Panther SC All-Pro

Dec 25, 2012
    I chalk this up to "first model/first new/unknown area". The Gen 2 **should** be better.

3. aleksanderpolo

aleksanderpolo SC Regular

Apr 18, 2013
    Polo
    They still need to show how one operates the touch screen when the eye is on the EVF.

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    touch screen for focus point and/or shutter release I understand. This rest of this....... well, it may please the angry birds crowd, but I don;t think there are too many photographers clamoring for this kind of user interface.

5. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin SC Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    But only if you don't use the viewfinder. Once you use the EVF, how do you set the focus point? Or operate the camera at all?
    Kind of makes the EVF completely pointless, no?

(apologies if this is explained in the video... can't view videos with my current linux setup)

6. stratokaster

stratokaster SC Top Veteran

Dec 27, 2010
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Pavel
    This is gen 2 and it's slightly improved over the Galaxy Camera which arguably was the first generation of Samsung's connected cameras.

7. James_T_Menendez

James_T_Menendez SC Rookie

Oct 17, 2013
    In Galaxy NX the interface at first is annoying, but with some time you become familiarice with it.
    Some system functions is mixed with the Android OS, by example make a formatting of the microsd card you going to the android side.
    The shooting modes have some differents names and options.
    A advantage is have a internal memory, and when memory card is full make an automatic switch to store the photos in the internal memory.
    It's a new world..., of discovery.