1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Samsung Pro 16 GB SDHC card $6.99 at BuyDig ebay store

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by dougjgreen, May 21, 2014.

1. dougjgreen

dougjgreen SC Regular

Jan 10, 2014
    Samsung is replacing their top of the line Pro-Series Black SDHC cards, which spec at 90 Mb/sec read speed and 40 Mb/sec write speed, with an even faster line of cards. As a result, they are clearing these cards out at great prices:

The 16 GB cards are selling for $6.99 at BuyDig eBay store:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321412204738

Also, Adorama is selling the 32 GB cards in two-packs for $34 and the 64 GB cards in two packs for $67

I was about to buy a two pack of the 32 GB cards at Adorama when I came across the BuyDig deal on the 16 GB cards, which I bought instead. I already owned 2 of these cards, and I just bought 2 more

2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    thanks Doug....that price is just too stupid to pass up. I've got a couple cards that are a couple years old and I must have reformatted around 100 times. I'll put 'em in semi-retirement for that price.

3. dougjgreen

dougjgreen SC Regular

Jan 10, 2014
    That's exactly the way I felt - I'm officially retiring all of the Class 6 or slower cards I've got and had been using as backups as a result of this deal.

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I feel like at this price, I can use a few extras to have lying around to use as shims (!)

5. dougjgreen

dougjgreen SC Regular

Jan 10, 2014
    FYI, the listing went live 7 hours ago and they've sold nearly 1100 of these cards in 7 hours

6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    makes you wonder how much they pay for them. SHipping was free for me, but they are paying a couple bucks to ship...... $.25 for a bubble mailer, $1 in fees between ebay and Paypal and then they have shipping labels, printing ink, payroll....... a lot of work for a few bucks.

7. dougjgreen

dougjgreen SC Regular

Jan 10, 2014
    FYI, you can ship an SD card in it's original package as a simple first class letter wrapped in the invoice for $0.47 - I've done it several times. Postage and eBay + PayPal fees at their volumes could be under $1.50 per card.

8. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Drat. I just picked up two SanDisk Extreme 16gb 45mb/sec cards for my non-UHS-1 cameras. These Samsungs would have been perfect for less coin.

9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Just bought 4 of these even though the price went up a couple bucks. Thanks!