San Francisco sunrise, 3-OCT-2011

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by woof, Oct 3, 2011.

1. woof

woof SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    This is a two-frame panorama shot at 24mm with an LX-5 from the 14th floor of the Mark Hopkins, Nob Hill, SFO this morning. I used Autostitch for the panorama.

• Like Like x 11
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Wild colors - definitely one of those red sky in the morning, sailors take warning sunrise mornings! Pretty darned amazing looking, woof!

• Like Like x 1
  3. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Looks great, Woof, can't see the joins or anything. Very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. woof

woof SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Thanks... I think... I processed a little on my laptop, and it's not as well calibrated as my home machine. Now I am wondering if this is over the top...

Thanks as well heather. Autostitch is highly recommended. This from someone who struggled with Hugin for years. Have to make a couple of small adjustments or the pictures come out way to small/lossy. Mostly the output size - specify one axix in pixels and the other is the jpeg quality, which defaults to 75%.

5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    woof, I like it. To me via my MacBook Pro, there's a HDR quality to your photo which is not a bad thing at all. It really depends upon what one is after. I like it as is. Nature's palette is often "over the top" and exceptional.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Very cool picture.

• Like Like x 1
  7. woof

woof SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    OK, now that I am home, I see it is pretty much as intended. Perhaps a little saturated, but it was a beautiful morning...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looks pretty good from here. As you said, a bit saturated, but adds to the effect.