Sony Santa visited me too!!

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
My RX100 arrived today at the 4th attempted delivery (Grrrr!). First impressions are good. It is wet and miserable today so shots are from the driveway only. These are shot in iAuto and lightly processed in LR and Perfectly Clear. The OOC jpegs are very good but need a sunny day to really test highlights and overall DR.

DSC00016-Edit-rs.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC00014-Edit-rs.jpg

DSC00013-Edit-rs.jpg

DSC00012-Edit-rs.jpg

Good pictures. Amazed and envious to see you got some rain today. We didn't in the hills; although it was much cooler up here. Lovely soft light, muted colours which I wouldn't call miserable.

Nice shots. I'm impressed with the pictures I've seen from this camera, though I just ordered the less capably equipped Nikon V1, which at $299 is a more reasonable purchase for me. The sensor on the Sony is said to be much, much better, though, and I love that it is pocketable. Later maybe, when it won't send me over my own personal "fiscal cliff." :eek:

Oh! The rose shots are very welcome up here where it's winter, and the muted colors under the overcast sky are very pleasing.

Cheers, Bill.
I decided to stay with Panasonic, and bought a LX-7. It performed great in Europe. I hope your RX-100 performs well too. The LX-7 gives great jpegs OOC, too. It was disappointing to see the price drop so suddenly after I purchased, but that's just the "market economy" operating.
Regards
DUD

Back