Seattle Water Shots

Ray Sachs

Legend
Name
you should be able to figure it out...
Seattle is a city with loads of water in and around it. I didn't get anywhere near most of it, but here are a few shots that feature it:

Typical postcard type shot of downtown as the Ferry approaches the dock...

View attachment 40047

Harbor Island - the Port (from the Winslow ferry):

View attachment 40048

Heading away from the City:

View attachment 40049

Into Winslow harbor:

View attachment 40050

And back to Seattle, as the sun emerged for the afternoon:

View attachment 40051

Tiny Lake Margaret, east of Duvall, so far from the city its barely part of the region:

View attachment 40052

My daughters, my wife, and the woman who introduced my wife and I almost 30 years ago, making the daughters possible...
View attachment 40053

-Ray

Are you still using the in camera dramatic art filter with these? It's awfully nice whatever method. I think that your second of this series is particularly weird and cool.

Yeah, all but the first one, which is a straight unfiltered jpeg. The filter is great with clouds in the sky but with a bright clear sky, it adds a weird dark cast to the sky that just doesn't work at all. You can see it in the 3rd shot from the bottom in the sky above the clouds. There are enough clouds in that shot and the last shot for it to work well enough, but when its ALL blue sky filled with that weird grayish cast, it looks pretty terrible. Its one of those things I like the results of more often than not, but when it doesn't work, the results are pretty bad. So I guess I'd only use it a bracket mode so I always have a clean shot along with it.

-Ray

Though I see what you mean, about that dark patch, I still like it.

The post processing really reminds me so much of what I've seen done with the Nik iPad software...which I covet. Having seen Alf's and Karen's and Christina's snapseed (and I am sure I'm forgetting other people's here) and then watching the Nik video, I am extremely interested in getting a hold of this combination. Let's see would a good iPad plus snapseed equal the cost an E-P3?:tongue:

for the most part some very nice pictures. Is this home, or a trip you took?

Thanks Dave. It used to be home - we lived in downtown Seattle, one of the neighborhoods, and also out in the burbs for about 12-13 years altogether. Now its a visit - our daughter lives there and we have a bunch of old friends there. This is the first time I've been back since I've been heavily into photography again...

-Ray

Back