Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

Pigeons

Norman, the one you photographed is much removed from it's Rock Pigeon ancestor, in plumage terms. The one I photographed bears a striking resemblance to a Rock Pigeon.

Their success probably comes from their ability, if they want to, to breed in just about any month of the year, feeding their young as they do on "pigeons milk", made from ground up seeds in the parents gizzard.

The Wood Pigeon below, photographed last spring eating some of my sprouting wild flower plants had nothing but evil intent :D

1030169.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barrie

Oh, Barrie - I think I must have been a porpoise or a sea otter in another life - I feel as though I am so alive and about 20 (yes) years younger when I'm swimming in salt water. I should have tattooed "Born to Swim" somewhere.;)

BBW, love the rhythm of horizontals in your beach shot!

I stumbled on some far less organized lines today:

View attachment 49364

Thank you, Milan. I keep "repeating" a lot of images...though they each seem different to me.

Your "less organized" lines create an intriguing picture to me. I can't help but wonder if any of the builders considered how their structures would impact the others... Maybe not at all, but I like the way they have created a little world...where it seems there must be many stories. This, of course, is my reaction to your picture, whereas I'm guessing you may have had something completely different in mind?

One of the things I like about this kind of "stroll photography" is that each of us is on our own discovering and seeing...and the unplanned becomes a kind of ongoing impression of what we're experiencing in our own lives. That may sound rather vague and as though I'm reaching, perhaps?

At times, I think my daily universe is so small....just a little area, really, that I tend to see over and over again...and yet bringing my camera with me allows me to see the "same" thing so differently, if you get what I'm trying to say. I think that's part of what this whole "genre" of Stroll photography is about...at least for me.

I appreciate very much everyone's continuing to add to this thread! However, please don't hold back on starting new ones - if you'd like to. Sometimes I think it might be kind of interesting for each of us to have our own...which would create, in effect, a series...if we wanted to. Just a thought...not a requirement by any means.

Malcolm, that bridge does put me in mind of Monet's garden...and I think you did really well with the layers of trees and branches. As much as I want this to be a secret place...I find it's even more thought provoking to see modern day's intrusion with that house in the background. A very thoughtful image to my eyes.

James - they have mowed, indeed! It looks as though the land is now so parched...and it was so beautiful, before. I hope those grasses full of life will come back and nature can take up again. Chances are that this is part of their cycle... This could be a place to revisit again and again.

It's a beauty, BBW!

And thanks for your reflections on the theme - I like the idea of a personal visual diary (diaries) thread, but I like this kind of thread even more, just because of the variety of images and ambiances it can provide. Like you, I get my shots on a fairy limited "hunting ground", with occasional travel once in a while. So me too, I constantly look for a new details, or overlooked ways to shoot the old stuff.
But here I get to see the parts of the world I would never get to know otherwise, and reflect on what draws other's attention in a walks initially similar to mine. Nothing against your suggestion, but let's keep this thread alive also:)

Back