Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

DSC08577.jpg

Tony - Did you shoot the stone work image while out on your bike? 'Just curious. I have a handlebar bag coming today for my bike so I can carry a camera larger than what I have been fitting in my seat bag.
. . . David
David, I did indeed get that image while out on the bike. I also have a handlebar bag, one I converted from a waist pack by adding a Rixen & Kaul Klick-Fix adapter. I am not fond of carrying a sling or shoulder bag on a bicycle, or even having a camera slung around my shoulder.

Thanks, Tony. Mine just arrived and although I thought it had a third connection point for the stem, it does not. :-(. I've done a couple of tumbles this summer, once in some tall grass and another into some bushes. I agree with you not wanting to use a sling or shoulder bag. Landing on top of a camera doesn't sound like a "good thing".
Any additional information how you used the "Rixen & Kaul Klick-Fix adapter" would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
. . . David

Thanks, Tony. Mine just arrived and although I thought it had a third connection point for the stem, it does not. :-(. I've done a couple of tumbles this summer, once in some tall grass and another into some bushes. I agree with you not wanting to use a sling or shoulder bag. Landing on top of a camera doesn't sound like a "good thing".
Any additional information how you used the "Rixen & Kaul Klick-Fix adapter" would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
. . . David
David, I used this gent's technique: Turn A Camera Bag Into a Handlebar Bag - BIKEPACKING.com. I got the parts from velofred.com. If I hadn't already had the bag, it might not have been cost-effective, because the handlebar mount and fixing plate are sold separately, and it was over $30, as I recall. The mount is very solid, though, and I've taken the bike down some rough & tumble trails with the bag mounted. I do use a couple of hook & loop straps through the strap mounts and around the handlebar for insurance - just in case the mount pops loose.

Back