Serious Compact Cards

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Mal, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Mal

Mal SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2010
    Liverpool / UK
    Just got back from a week away...

However... a few times, whilst I was away in the English Lakes, I happened across a few serious compact users. and got into having a chat with them, afterwards... I thought it would have been good to hand them a card to come to the site, have a look around and hopefully join in.

Met a guy in his 80's using a 35mm Nikon F100, he was really interested in something lighter for general use, and when I showed him the LX5 and its capabilities he was in awe... although I told him about the site, neither of us had a pen to write it down... so here's hoping he remembers, but it would have been good to give him a card.

What do you reckon ???

2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I'd think it's a fine idea, Mal. Are you wondering about creating "the one true" card with the official nod of SeriousCompacts.com? If so, we'd need to run it by Amin Sabet, I'd think.

I know that in a somewhat local MINI Cooper group that I used to be involved in that someone printed up cards and we used to place them on MINIs that we found in the wild.:wink:

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Jul 3, 2010
    I think it's a good idea as well - a nice way to spread the word about the site. If anyone wants to make cards for their own personal use, it's okay by me. I currently don't have the time/capacity to make an official site card. Will be a good project for sometime in the future though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mal

Mal SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2010
    Liverpool / UK
    Gone and done it !!!

So..... 250 Business cards, winging their way to me as we speak.... chose a pretty 'generic' design.... but I think it looks good.... :cool:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Mal, beautifully done! Very good looking both front and back!:drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Great idea and nice execution!

Good to also see you are doing well BB (and you have electricity too)!

• Like Like x 3
  7. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Nice Mal. So can I ask who you have you saved the template with? Wonder if they'll print and send to Australia?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mal

Mal SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2010
    Liverpool / UK
    • Like Like x 1
  9. vincechu

vincechu SC Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Thats a great idea for conversation starting and meeting other photogs, (then getting a portrait of them lol). I might give it a go myself too, brilliant idea Mal

• Like Like x 1