Feedback Serious Compacts Hacked

Apparently a ton of vBulletin forums have been hacked recently due to a vulnerability I was not aware of and have now remedied. Now to go about figuring out what damage has been done to the site and how to fix it!

Amin,
Thanks for acting so quickly and I am sorry that you have to waste your time for things like this. A rather unfortunate byproduct of the web.
The good news of course is that seriouscompacts.com becomes popular around the globe!
There are a couple of things "bothering" me:
1. Could he left a backdoor?
2. Is there a way to use HTTPS instead of HTTP? with http it is easy to intercept passwords.
3. Is there a way to make signup a bit more challenging? I do realize that there are disadvantages but I do wonder if the pros outweigh the cons. There has been a lot of spam (also send to my email address)
Anyway, I am glad you solved it!
Thanks, Peter

Peter, those are all questions I am trying to deal with. At the same time I have a full time job, and time is limited.

I am wondering whether to roll the sites back 10 days (all posts lost) to be as certain as possible that they are truly clean.

eek!
Of course you must do what needs to be done, and though a rollback would be horrid, it's not the end of the world

Peter, those are all questions I am trying to deal with. At the same time I have a full time job, and time is limited.

I am wondering whether to roll the sites back 10 days (all posts lost) to be as certain as possible that they are truly clean.

Ah so our Red Prob Nut Job was just anti-Silver September. He had always planned to overthrow our challenge by winding us back to day one! Damn these criminal masterminds....:irked:

I feel my wittiness being set adrift! Ill be lost in time!

I'd roll it back. We can all post new pics and thoughts.

Thanks, all. Appreciate the support. Still hoping I can do this without a rollback. The editing bug will probably not change soon. Need time away from work to fix all the bugs.

My vote (not that this is a democracy ;) ) is for a rollback. Occam's Razor suggests that is the best and safest way (and I live not far from there :D )

Sent from another Galaxy

Back