1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Seriously Impressed

Discussion in 'Panasonic/Leica Forum' started by olli, Jun 17, 2011.

1. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    A couple of days ago I printed up a few pictures for a small exhibition by local photographers. I was printing images taken with each of my camera at 30x20 cm (that's 12x8").

Looking closely at the images I came away hugely impressed by the quality of the pictures from the LX3. One in particular was taken with the lens wide open in every sense - 5.1mm (=24mm) and f2. The image had a lot of detail yet even in the corners the print had retained great that detail and sharpness. I was so impressed that I'm going to do a little bit of further processing and print it up at 45x30 (18x12").

Great little camera - can't wait for an LX6 (or 7). I'm just hoping they don't go the GF route but keep it as a genuine enthusiasts camera.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I had big prints made from my LX5 and felt the same way, olli. It is a great camera, no doubt about it.

That's cool that you're going to have pictures in a local exhibition!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Very Cool. I've yet to print anything larger than 8x10 from my E-P1. I have a few that I'd like to go bigger.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    It's funny, but for all the pixel peeping on the monitor those images often surprise in how well they print.

• Like Like x 1
  5. andrewh973

andrewh973 SC Regular

Mar 13, 2011
    NYC metro are
    Congratulations on the exhibition, olli.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Cool Olli! We are lucky to have such good compact cameras these days!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    olli

Glad to hear your delight in the camera, but even happier to hear about the exhibition. That's very cool.

• Like Like x 1
  8. olli

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Thanks. Nothing special - just a one day affair with few friends from the expat community, but fun to see them on display all the same.

9. sprocket87

sprocket87 New to SC

Jul 6, 2011
    Wow, that's pretty impressive. I forget the specs on that camera but it has a compact sized sensor right?

10. olli

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Yes it does. It's the slightly larger small sensor - can't remember the numbers - but still tiny.

11. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    1/1.63" Bigger than Canon's G series, same as XZ-1 and LX5 :)