Shoot Less, Share More

Discussion in 'Philosophy of Photography' started by Biro, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Biro

Biro SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
  2. demiro

demiro Serious Compacts For Life

Dec 15, 2011
    Thanks for linking that Biro. Pretty strong message. I have often thought the same thing, especially when reading someone recommending a max lens load for Disney, for example, but I have never come close to expressing the thoughts so eloquently.

3. Jules

Jules SC Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    Bremer Valley, Australia
    Julie-Anne
    Thanks for sharing this. That comment about photographers creating our own parallax really resonated with me - the idea that by spending our time capturing moments, we are changing the way we experience those moments. Not a bad thing to remember, every now and again.

4. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    As a man that is loosing the physical ability to "DO", as I use to. I realize that the thousands of photo that I have taken over 50+ years, don't mean very much to me or any one else. The very massive quantity weakens the impact, like a cup of good coffee or tea, poured into a quart of hot water to " have more". The world is becoming flooded with images. The very mass of very good, as well as not so good, has the effect of "diluting" our senses. I look at the wonderful images posted here, on this forum, and realize, that I am so "jaded" with looking at pictures, that I hardly stop to really "see" the beauty and technical quality before me. How often do you stop and really look at images?

This has become so apparent to me, because I have gradually stopped visiting forums. This is my forum home, and yet I find myself enjoying it less and less, for photography and equipment's sake. I enjoy the occasional conversation that crops up. And I drop by several times a day, for a look-see. But the weather is beginning to warm up and Old Bones can now be outside more. So my time here will be much less.

I keep a camera close, but "fire" it less often, and delete ruthlessly. I've been at it too long to quit. But I intend to shoot less and be more selective, and post less, not more. :smile:

The ramblings of an old man,