Ricoh Shooter's Unabridged thoughts and feelings about the GXR

GXR out of the box!

Ok Don, these are nothing special but a quick walk to the lake and some water work with the dog and my youngest doing his best to keep things in order!

6199765564_7e0199bc95_z.jpg

6199632382_7ce85a5c52_z.jpg

6199250307_61e5942078_z.jpg

6199766824_664a42b008_z.jpg

6199254143_b9d12d5a0f_z.jpg

6199256183_3f7a1d4103_z.jpg

Wow, what a great thread! Excellent photos and discussions.

Don, I am surprised that the X100 has been replaced. So sad for that little fella! All this talk of the GXR though ... not good for me. Hehe. And my EP3 just arrived today too!

How's the AF accuracy and speed of the GXR compared tom the X100?

Duane, good to see you getting started. If I had streets like that, I'd be using my 8x10 Deardorff...
Armando, The X100 is still here but I'm testing the GXR. So a new love is always exciting. Time will tell if I keep it...
Christina, thank you very much....

Don, that portrait of Paul is refreshingly beautiful. Tell him I said handsome.;) But it's more than that...maybe because I know him a little bit... I think you've shown some of his heart.

You all are dangerous in this thread!:eek: Running away............

Duane, good to see you getting started. If I had streets like that, I'd be using my 8x10 Deardorff...
Armando, The X100 is still here but I'm testing the GXR. So a new love is always exciting. Time will tell if I keep it...
Christina, thank you very much....

I think Ricoh should send me a commission. I'm in front of Lowes selling popcorn for our scout troop. Have my GXR with me and a customer wants to know all about it. Read about them now that he's seen it in person...well the Serious Compact hook is set.

Ok, had to open the manual to find the Snap Focus key combination to chg distance. Was driving me crazy, now I know what that Macro button does without a Macro lens on front.

The snap is top on the list of features. I'm out trying things but the 50.... Absolute killer lens. It's always been on the long side for me but I gonna change my way of thinking...even with snap at f8.... Deadly!

Hey Don, still at Lowes and the "boss" is with me. Had her take some group shots of us with the GXR, looked at the pics on the screen and along with how the camera handles says, "Epic"! The "official paperwork" has been filed in the can.

Congrats on the freedom. Isn't it great when the boss is happy.....
My boss is in Latvia and then Russia. For the next 3 weeks, I'm the king again.
I will dream of the time of freedom..in the future.

Post some photos Bro'.

Congrats on the freedom. Isn't it great when the boss is happy.....
My boss is in Latvia and then Russia. For the next 3 weeks, I'm the king again.
I will dream of the time of freedom..in the future.

Post some photos Bro'.

Hey Don, I'm beginning to fall in love with the EVF. I don't think I do your kind of shooting and I didn't realize what all can really be viewed through the EVF. First off I like it as I think I'm more stable with the camera to my eye and my left hand under the lens and my arms acting like a tripod against my sides (normal camera holding position). Today I had an epiphany with the EVF. Everything, I mean everything that can be displayed on the LCD can be seen through the EVF. So once you have all of your custom settings in place, then to me, the EVF becomes magic and all settings can be changed without removing your eye from the EVF. Including digging down into the main Menu System if you just had to.

I will be interested in how you have configured your settings for your camera.

Jason, thanks....
Duane, I imagine the EVF would be a must have for many with this camera. If it's working for you, great. On my shooting screen, I have no info until the second of exposure. I like a clean screen. I think most of the stuff I do would be Full Press Snap.

So, with your EVF can you change the display like on the screen?

Back