Shooting action shots with Ep-2 or any other slow camera

keliza

Hi all: I ran across a post by Brian Mosely in some forum (I can't find it now) where he had taken shots of his daughter on a horse. Normally, with a fast DSLR, one would focus, take a number of continuous shots and select the good ones: the shotgun method. With the m43 cameras, this is not possible, so I want to practice a technique of focusing for action without relying on the continuous shooting. I think Brian said to focus first, then wait for the subject to get where you anticipate you will get the shot. Am I mis-interpreting that? and, how would you focus if the subject isn't there yet?!
Anyway, anyone's thoughts or tips on "action " shots would be appreciated! I don't take a lot of these shots, but want to be practicing with the EP2.

Keliza, that forum was mu-43.com and I believe this is probably the specific post: Is the Electronic Viewfinder worth it? - Page 2 - Micro Four Thirds User Forum I think what Brian meant was that he estimates the distance and/or focusses on something that is at the distance of that which he plans on photographing. I imagine this takes some practice, but Brian seems to have mastered it quite well. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to answer your questions over on mu-43.com, anytime.

I'm not much of an action shooter, though I have used the Sports Scene mode quite nicely a few times. I believe the E-P2 has that option, if I'm not mistaken.

Back