Shooting black and white with the RX100

Discussion in 'Sony RX100 Forum' started by Boid, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    A walkthrough of my office (showcasing architects hardly at work)

From the main gate
    IklHh.

The reception area
    NwUmP.

The corridor from reception to studio
    u1rMe.

Main technical studio
    LJwsF.

Main studio, looking back
    PGJ9a.

Design studio downstairs
    1QmMg.

Conference
    Ow1WD.

Partner's cabin
    1iwEE.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I'd like to work in your office

3. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Great work, and great proof of the RX100

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Luke, I would be happy to hand it over to you and draw a salary instead.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stanleyk

stanleyk SC Top Veteran

May 23, 2011
    Taylor, Texas
    Really nice design on the building. I love reinforced concrete architecture. I'm a big Corbusier fan. Admittedly, I also love van der Rohe too. Architecture really lost me with Michael Graves. I think there is a sort transcendent serenity with Corbusier and van der Rohe. Even Wright if you strip away the ornamentation. But man he really needed taller ceilings. I did a tour of Falling Water one time. I'm only 5'11'' and I felt a bit claustrophobic.

Oscar Niemeyer. Awesomely weird. Love it. Louis Kahn too. The Kimball Art Museum is fantastic. I go there all the time. Sorry, I got to thinking.....which is never a good thing. :smile: Great photos.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stanleyk

stanleyk SC Top Veteran

May 23, 2011
    Taylor, Texas
    Richard Neutra also. Sorry. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Nice set Boid. Did you get a replacement RX100?

• Like Like x 1
  8. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Nice pics, looks like the office has a nice atmosphere! I like the tonality of these shots too! Not too contrasty but not too flat either, with that nice fluidity that B&W prints sometimes have.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kenhiraihnl

kenhiraihnl SC Regular

Sep 29, 2012
    Nice pics! Brings back memories of developing 135 b&w film in Microdol-X.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Briar, I didn't. Seems I was shooting it all wrong. One has to keep the DR on Auto at all times to keep from blowing out highlights, and up the ISO a bit.

11. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Michael Graves. I've always wondered about substance abuse with him. I'm a huge fan of Corbusier as well. I spent the early years growing up in Chandigarh, a city designed by Corbusier, and it left a lasting impression. Last night I was keynote speaker at a conference where the focus of my talk was how the world is moving away from a "single idea" solution to a softer more collaborative approach to design. The traditional role of an architect as 'creator' is being replaced by the designer being a facilitator of meaningful conversations, and its in the conversations that the roots of the solution reside. As soon as one makes a decision, it kills off the possibility of continuing a conversation, and one should keep that in mind at all times. The conversations could be on any front, with anyone, or anything, real or imaginary. It could (and should) be with your client, the site, the craftsmen, the consultants, the weather, society, etc. Inclusive design is not a new idea, but it has never been more relevant. Especially now, when we as a species are finally starting to see the inter-connected of things around us, and not just at an emotional level, but as scientific certainty.

It's great to know you're interested in design! Thanks for your comment. Glad you like our little office.