Show "Bicycle"

Toronto. Brave souls, these bikers...

Winter_Bikes-1020871.jpg

Oh wow, thank you both so much.

The main thing that I keep finding with this camera is that it needs a much lighter hand in the clarity department (sometimes none or negative) and often not a single bit of extra sharpening. I did use Color Efex Pro and I did up the contrast and brightness, desaturated, used the Medium Point curve, then I decided to fool around with the Blue Luminance in a negative way, and the Blue Saturation shift in a little bit of a negative, added a touch of fill light, a touch of vibrance and worked with the Post-Crop Vignette block until I got it the way I liked it. How's that for a rather vague answer? I can see the history, of course.

With regard to Color Efex, I tend to use Pro Contrast initially and then often go back in again and use another tool..in this case I did use the Graduated Neutral Density...and from there did the rest in Lightroom.

Again, thanks so much for your positive reactions! To me there was something compelling about the bicycle on the barge "house boat" office. Historic Annapolis is a wonderful town for interesting oddities and old architecture.

this is posted elsewhere . . . and I'll try and do better
This is my bike - I used it to commute in London during the 70's and early 80's . . .I think it must have done more than 20,000 miles, I've resprayed it 4 or 5 times (now I can't get hold of the Young's transfers, so I guess it'll be the last time). I built it myself . . . including the wheels, it hasn't been used much for the last 10 years, but I've just started riding again, it could do with some tlc, but that dura-ace kit does last!

_DSF0429.jpg

taken with the X100

I'm going to show this thread to my husband. He used to love to ride his bicycle...but it has been a long, long time. I think this might just be the incentive thread.

Jono, what are the roads like that you used to ride on to get into London? Not highways, I'm hoping.

this is posted elsewhere . . . and I'll try and do better
This is my bike - I used it to commute in London during the 70's and early 80's . . .I think it must have done more than 20,000 miles, I've resprayed it 4 or 5 times (now I can't get hold of the Young's transfers, so I guess it'll be the last time). I built it myself . . . including the wheels, it hasn't been used much for the last 10 years, but I've just started riding again, it could do with some tlc, but that dura-ace kit does last!

taken with the X100

Awesome that you built it yourself. And great set of components. Definitely better than the SRAM Apex on my ride.

And nice photo. X100 again ... recurring theme ...

A subject close to my heart...
I like watching cyclocross, it's simply mad, the whole idea. It's also easy to photograph, you can often walk from one part of the course to another quicker than the bikes making their way round, there's plenty of action and it happens at a pace where you don't have to be lightening quick to catch it. These couple taken in the early days of my LX5 relationship, I think I'll get better shots next season;
5783208723_696f35ba04_b.jpg

5783208737_7f76bfb466_b.jpg

And one of my bikes, for more genteel riding, how I like to spend my time, bike, tent, camera...
5685127176_05a159cce2_b.jpg

Back