1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Show "Candlelight"

Discussion in 'Herman's Genres' started by Herman, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    • Like Like x 2
  3. jankapp

jankapp SC Regular

Aug 28, 2010
    A very nice picture, Bill. Good composition.
    The glass in front (in the middle) and the candle are sharp.
    Somewhat strange is the unsharpness of the second glass. The one in the middle left, between candle and glass in front.
    Jan

• Like Like x 1
  4. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Thanks Jan

I worked on the DOF on that shot and took a few images - the lens is a RF VC Ultron 35mm f1.7 - the image was taken at f1.7 - I am almost sure that I focused on the candle then moved to the right to frame the shot - most, if not all things after the focus point would have been OOF, (out of focus), but stuff just before the focus point may have come into focus especially as the slight movement to the right, whilst maintaining the original focus, (it's a manual focus lens), would have caused a slightly distance change and because its was shot at f1.7 the very slight change in distance would be critical

The following was taken at f5.6 - (although the EXIF may say f4)

candlelight_1.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    GRD2

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/8076775@N02/2248607758/" title="Wishblow by meaning_of_light, on Flickr"> 2248607758_46fb3a9532_z. "640" height="457" alt="Wishblow" /></a>

• Like Like x 2
  6. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Happy birthday with light trails!! Quite an eerie kind of celebration photo. Very cool and I'm sure they loved it, Will!