Show Clouds Sunrise/Sunset

5381363219_4d6901b864_z.jpg

LX5 blizzard sunrise

I have just been looking over my seascapes for last year and this is probably my favourite. Not the most colourful but very dramatic and where I learnt a lot about doing this type of shot...

Storm_Clouds_at_North_Narrabeen.jpg

Shot with an Olympus E-P1 and Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens at 11mm. I got pretty wet but my neoprene socks saved the day. P.S. I need to get another pair for next winter as I accidently left them in a motel room.

Thanks Peter...funny I was going to call Collaroy or maybe Dee Why - so I weren't too far off.

Just looked at it again..SUPERB!!! Hope she's blown up big and hangs pride-of-place in the pool room :D

Thanks Peter...funny I was going to call Collaroy or maybe Dee Why - so I weren't too far off.

Just looked at it again..SUPERB!!! Hope she's blown up big and hangs pride-of-place in the pool room :D

Pool room. The silvertails in the Southern Highlands must have much bigger houses than me to fit one of these in a room...

5386511169_66a55e08fe_b.jpg

The Ladies Baths at South Flagstaff Point by peterb666, on Flickr

:D

Just kidding. That was sunrise this morning. On my 10-scale rating system, I gave it a 0. Still managed to get a few decent shots once the sky was tweaked.

Still working my way throught the rock pools of New South Wales (Australia) with still heaps to do around Wollongong. Got a decent sunrise this morning at Coledale but unfortunately stuffed up the best light shots when I thought I would be clever and double-stack 3 stop hard grads. It has worked for me in the past but was too strong this morning. Anyway, my favourite shot of the set was one of the first and this is a pre-dawn shot (taken 10 minutes before "first light") but as you can see some lovely colour in the sky.

5420612151_ccb66a5dfd_b.jpg

Coledale a1 by peterb666, on Flickr

Note, no filters on that one. A 3-shot HDR to tame the sky.
Nikon D90 and 10-24mm Nikkor zoom.

Back