Nature Show Landscape

Icy Long Island Sound
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hey All,

This is a gorgeous image - to me. Others may not see it that way but to me the winter starkness and barren trees and the way they juxtapose is outstanding. I've seen this scene in Alberta, Montana, Washington, Oregon - it is timeless - sure some of the detail differ a bit but the essence of geology and ecology (forests) does not. Nice image! -Ed-

View from my office window today. OM-D E-M5 + ZD 14-54 Mk II.View attachment 22801

Hey All,

Tdek - another winner. How do you make Hood I'm guessing look that small. But that isn't the point. Imagine a world where CO2 rules fields are barren and trees are as in this image. I know it is unreal but still speaks to me - greatly. I'd be curious to see a couple other processing jobs but this is great.

-Ed-

Thank you for your kind words. We live 45 minutes from Mt Hood, but this picture was taken outside of a town called Canby. With most rural roads in Oregon, you just can't pull over so the shot I wanted never materialized. I kept driving around, hoping I can stop somewhere, but it was just not going to happen. So I gave up, until I saw this view and I was able to pull over. But once I looked at this picture at home, I didn't really care for it the way it looked so I tried something different and kept playing around. I received a 5k Imac from my wife for Xmas and I decided to not store any pictures on the computer, unless it gets printed, so everything else gets uploaded to Flickr and I trash the raws. Including this one, so unfortunately this is the only version of it.

Hey All,

This is a gorgeous image - to me. Others may not see it that way but to me the winter starkness and barren trees and the way they juxtapose is outstanding. I've seen this scene in Alberta, Montana, Washington, Oregon - it is timeless - sure some of the detail differ a bit but the essence of geology and ecology (forests) does not. Nice image! -Ed-
Thanks Ed.

Tony

Back