Show "Look through your home front window"

Discussion in 'Herman's Genres' started by Herman, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Just taken this morning!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo! Subscribing Member

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    That's a nice view from your indow Herman! I'll show mine later.

• Like Like x 2
  3. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I liked the idea of responding to Herman's suggestion by going to take a photo immediately ...

[​IMG]
    20111016-1 by _loupe, on Flickr

E-P2, 17/2.8

• Like Like x 7
  4. Penny

Penny SC Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Outside Liverpool Uk
    • Like Like x 3
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/6006012633/" title="8-11-11.jpg 1/40th f/2.8 ISO 2000 by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="680" alt="8-11-11.jpg 1/40th f/2.8 ISO 2000"></a>

• Like Like x 6
  6. woof

woof SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
  7. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Haha I see you included your old ranger in this one.... A great idea. I'm afraid I live in a rather boring neighborhood, I'll have to think about this. Submit on Monday ....have a good week all
    Pete

• Like Like x 2
  8. greyelm

greyelm SC Top Veteran

Oct 1, 2011
    London, England
    Last November

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    @woof - that's a lovely image

• Like Like x 2
  10. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    open window - empty chair - suggest a caption!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  11. jhawker

jhawker SC Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Springfield, Illinois
    Front Window

Hope you like.
    JH
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/22544852@N00/6253850919/" title="P1000490 by jhawker, on Flickr">[​IMG]"500" height="333" alt="P1000490"></a>

• Like Like x 3
  12. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I like.

• Like Like x 1
  13. woof

woof SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Please do... after a few suggestions, I'll let you know about my working title...

Seaain

• Like Like x 1
  14. BillN

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    where's Grandad Mom?

• Like Like x 1
  15. avidone

avidone SC Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    not one of my greatest, but then neither is the view so great... what to do?
    [​IMG]
    night street by Asher Berry, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  16. BillN

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    View from our upstairs window at about 18:30 today - a dull day but still reasonably warm - across the valley, looking west, (left edge is west - right edge of image is north - we usually can see the weather coming from the west!) - autumn colours and we have a really nice view
    we had the first rain this morning for at least a month

when we bought the house, over 20 years ago, we could see all the Chateau and down to the road
    Over the past 20 years even the larger trees have doubled in size - must get out with my chain saw as some of them are in our front "garden"

The area is full of wild life - wild boar, (dig up the garden - and get shot) - deer, (eat the grapes and get shot) - woodpeckers, (make a noise) - lots of Jays, (make a louder noise) - quite a few birds of prey, (Hawks and buzzards - the French type) - a few snakes, (not too nice) - and lots of other birds, permanent residents and migratory - the area is "full of food" for wild life

Oh - and the telephone wire is still only 5 to 10 feet off the ground - it's been like that for about 8 years, (since the last big storm), and the local PTT, (France Telecom), seem not to want to do anything about it, (i.e. it should be at least 20 feet - 6 to 7 meters - off the ground)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Up early this morning, as is the custom, to get the horse's done. Passing pre-dawn in my lounge-room I thought it as good a time as any to show you what I raise my coffee cup up to each day.

The Fuji doing its thing at ISO3200...I'm glad it did the focussing because my eyes and throbbing head weren't up to the task :blush:

P.S. not the best of inspirations Herman, because now I clearly see that I have windows to clean this weekend! Thanks!!!

[​IMG]
    First coffee... by stillshunter, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  18. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Mark, as you know, I first found this on Flickr...and now I see that I'd missed it here. Forget about dirty windows - what a view to have as yours! Love the intensity of color and the highlights on the leaves in the foreground.

Bill, you and your wife surely picked the perfect place 20 years ago - and I got a kick out of reading about the wildlife and their various activities, as well as the lack of activity of the French telephone company.:wink: So bucolic, yet with a French flavor.... I envy you and Mark your morning views.

avidone, I appreciate your honestly...we can't all have stunning views out our home front window. I know that I don't, hence I posted what I did...you'll note the shallow depth of field.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 3
  19. avidone

avidone SC Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    @BB-- yeah, we live in a pretty ordinary neighbourhood of apartment blocks and shops mostly built in the 1950's. It is a very "livable" area, but not very decorative. The neon lights at least give me something to take test pics of at night, and there is always traffic for moving bus photos or whatever. I mean, with new cameras or lenses, I really feel I SHOULD take pictures of something other than my poor, over-photographed cat. Luckily I am in Rome and within a few minutes bus ride from plenty of other great scenery, though ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  20. ricks

ricks SC Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    some mornings

Some mornings the curtains are closed.

• Like Like x 1