Show Macro

summerkl

Veteran
Name
Kevin
Just starting to play around with macros. Sony Nex with Canon FD 50mm f1.4 and a Life Size Adapter

DSC01929-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC01930-1.jpg

Great idea for a thread, Kevin, and if it's any consolation I don't think anyone here thinks you're losing your marbles!:D This macro world offers up a completely different point of view that many of us might never see. Thank you, Bill, too!

I think this is going to be a longterm thread for sure.

Not sure why, but this photo and a few I posted in another new thread are getting squeezed down to square. They're linked to images that are 1024 x 774, but they're not showing up that way. Any idea what's up?

-Ray

I don't know, Ray. The markup clearly has the following in the img tag: width="1024" height="774"

Looking at it in Safari's web inspector, it's showing that the width is becoming 800px; height is remaining 774. I'll look into it later and see what's up.

As I posted on your Longwood series thread, I think it's the black borders. From what I can see you've followed everything perfectly correctly and, thus, I think something about the borders on these photos is doing it. Can you post one in a version w/o the borders to Flicker and try it. I was just on my way over here to look because I saw this one on Flickr and it looks so much crisper and cleaner on Flickr than it does here. Not that it doesn't look good here, too but I immediately noticed the difference, having seen it here first.

P.S. deirdre, I didn't see your post. Thanks for looking into it more, if you are able to. My bet is them borders. :popcorm2:

OK, it's not the borders. I just attempted to post a normal large size 1024 x 683 photo in the Kitty thread and it became squashed. We'll have to look into this. There must be a glitch somewhere.

I don't know, Ray. The markup clearly has the following in the img tag: width="1024" height="774"

Looking at it in Safari's web inspector, it's showing that the width is becoming 800px; height is remaining 774. I'll look into it later and see what's up.

This must be related to the forum software upgrade I did last night. Working on a fix right now...

Turns out I've been having all kinds of internet connection problems for the past several hours as well. Which our cable company just finally acknowledged was on their end. I hope this didn't contribute with these problems in any way. It seems not since you were able to fix them in the forum software. In any case, thanks...

-Ray

This is my son's crystal souvenir from Murano, Italy. It's about half the size of a golf ball. I don't understand the physics - but the different colors of light from different angles is amazing to me.

DSC01995-1.jpg

DSC01999-1.jpg

Shot with Nex-3 and Canon FD 50mm f1.4 with extension tube.

My first true macro lens arrived today - Nikon Micro Nikkor 60mm f2.8 - so off to my studio (aka the kitchen counter) with my trusty NEX :)

First shot is at f4 with no sharpening but boosted contrast and spot removal (thank you LR3).

20101124-DSC02414-1.jpg

Second shot also at f4 with sharpening and darkening preset applied to isolate the reflection

20101124-DSC02416-1.jpg

Back