Show Shoes

Can't show the Dutch shoes, Herman, that are almost as spectacular as the shoes below (spotted in a store in Manhattan; posted these before but I'm not sure if it was here or at fujixspot). Be assured that I did not buy the shoes. ;-)
p1701508357-4.jpg

I'm a bit confused by this new trend in shoes to make it feel like you are barefoot. I understand that feet need protection form broken glass and uncomfortable sharp edges so it's a way to protect the feet of those that like to be barefoot. But for me, the only good thing about being barefoot is the feel (like of sand or grass blades or whatever). Outside of the special "feel" you get being barefoot, I would ALWAYS appreciate cushion, comfort, arch support, etc. Can anyone explain it to me or is it just different people have different foot needs and I'll never understand it.

I'm a bit confused by this new trend in shoes to make it feel like you are barefoot. I understand that feet need protection form broken glass and uncomfortable sharp edges so it's a way to protect the feet of those that like to be barefoot. But for me, the only good thing about being barefoot is the feel (like of sand or grass blades or whatever). Outside of the special "feel" you get being barefoot, I would ALWAYS appreciate cushion, comfort, arch support, etc. Can anyone explain it to me or is it just different people have different foot needs and I'll never understand it.

If you're referring to my Camper shoes, they are indeed very thin with a thin and flexible sole. However, they are also the most comfortable shoes I have ever tried and the only shoes (outside of sports footwear) that I can wear all day long without getting tired.

Hi Pavel, I was actually referring to RT's top pair in post #6. But maybe I can collect some extra data. Are you saying your feet are more comfortable with no arch support or padding? Are you generally more comfortable being barefoot than wearing shoes? I'm just curious. I've seen these running shoes that are meant to feel like you are barefoot and I can't imagine anything worse. I don't know if people are buying them to be different or because they actually feel good and that people feel foot pain differently.

Hi Pavel, I was actually referring to RT's top pair in post #6. But maybe I can collect some extra data. Are you saying your feet are more comfortable with no arch support or padding? Are you generally more comfortable being barefoot than wearing shoes? I'm just curious. I've seen these running shoes that are meant to feel like you are barefoot and I can't imagine anything worse. I don't know if people are buying them to be different or because they actually feel good and that people feel foot pain differently.

Actually, my running shoes have a sole very similar to the ones in the RT's post... And they're very heavy cushioned despite looking rather exotic. Very comfortable, but not suitable to many things outside of running :)

When I'm not jogging, I feel most comfortable in light shoes.

Back