Film Show us your Fujifilm GF670 Professional Medium Format Camera

I haven't got one anymore . But I can tell where they are being used.
There is a website that displays seismic data. The GF's shutter has a very distinct profile !

CLANG !

I haven't got one anymore . But I can tell where they are being used.
There is a website that displays seismic data. The GF's shutter has a very distinct profile !

CLANG !

Garry, you must be confusing the gf670 with one of Fuji's other medium format cameras. The gf uses an electronic leaf shutter that is so silent that many users complain that they are occasionally unsure if they have actually taken a photo and that the only way to tell is to attempt to advance the film.

Also, there is no lens cap :D

Luke,

Burn any film through it yet?

How are you getting that Ektar scanned?

I simply haven't had any free time lately :(.

I'm hoping to shoot my first roll this week if the sun ever comes out. I plan on having my local lab develop and use their basic scan service for the first few rolls to see how it goes. I may try scanning on my flatbed to compare to their basic level of scanning. My theory is that for sharing images on the internet, their basic scans should be "good enough", but I won't know until I see them. And maybe my scanner will be close to equal to their basic level of scanning and I can skip their scanning altogether.

I'm more than a bit nervous that my attempt to try film one more time may not play out too well. But if I fall in love with it, I will get a nice film scanner and just pay to have the film developed sans scans.

FWIW, I hold you partially to blame for fanning the flames of my interest in the medium.:hail:

That's where I've wound up with film, Luke. Once I got the XT-1 and had interchangeable lenses, 35mm lost a lot of its advantage with me. Since then I just run the accasional roll through that yashica 6x6, have it developed at the local, then take it home and scan it on a good epson. Pug fur and a house from the 80's (carpet, etc) makes it hard to get completely clean scans, but epson's ICE thingamajob helps.

Having gigantic negatives (resolution, and care in exposing something worth having a picture of), and only 12 of them to work on at a time, has actually been nice for the amount of time I can devote to stuff like this.

Having gigantic negatives (resolution, and care in exposing something worth having a picture of), and only 12 of them to work on at a time, has actually been nice for the amount of time I can devote to stuff like this.

These are two strong motivators for me trying to recommit to film. The last couple years I have done nothing to become a better photographer. Paying for each exposure and being rewarded with a tangible thing of beauty will hopefully inspire me to do a bit more than take a millionth shot of my dog sleeping. Also I tend to not concentrate on the basics of proper exposure (or even good composition sometimes) and just figure I can finish (or fix it) it at home (WTF?!).

We'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll become a proper photographer or maybe I'll be a mid-life crisis who bought a fancy camera instead of a sports car.

ROFLMAO. I was going to shoot some photos of it this morning, but I was busy with some errands. Maybe I'll make a tongue-in-cheek "unboxing video" tomorrow if time permits. :rolleyes:

Ohh film? Welcome to the dark slide.. :D Nice camera or so I've heard. On my gas list of probably never haves.. though really if I sold a lot of stuff, it's not out of my reach. Also still vying for an M3 and Rolleiflex. I like the rangefinder experience as well as the twin lens reflex feel. Do share when you take some photos!

Oh.. and let me know how big this thing is in your hands. I have smaller hands, heard they are a bit large. Not as big as the Graflex LOL.. but still pretty big.

Garry, you must be confusing the gf670 with one of Fuji's other medium format cameras. The gf uses an electronic leaf shutter that is so silent that many users complain that they are occasionally unsure if they have actually taken a photo and that the only way to tell is to attempt to advance the film.

Also, there is no lens cap :D

Yeah. My mistake . It's yonks since I had a
GW670

Just a few quick snaps with the X100 in the picture to help people understand the scale. From the top.....
14159157457_34eaf6846d_c.jpg
DSCF7093 by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

From the front (still folded)
14158990018_9a8781a280_b.jpg
DSCF7095 by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

From the front (unfolded and ready to shoot)
14344041402_3f873eb932_b.jpg
ask not for whom the bellows toll by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

Here's a look through the viewfinder. It's large....and very bright with brightlines that adjust depending on whether one is shooting in 6 x 6 or 6 x 7 format. The rangefinder patch is on Lucy's feet here. To the right of the framelines (and out of frame in this photo) are shutter speeds illuminated in red (either suggested if shooting in manual, or telling you what speed is being used in Aperture Priority mode)
14159153017_92a7a86e8b_b.jpg
S0037104 by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

It's larger size helps to obfuscate my beastly visage my thumb sits in a notch on the focusing ring and makes focusing a breeze......
14365829793_6191c04e89_c.jpg
S0047109 by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

The negative will be 60mm square (or 60mm x 70mm if I want to shoot rectangles with different lengths sides) so in this illustration, the large size is just a touch smaller than my negatives..... attention Sony "full frame" shooters..... your sensors do not look so big, now do they?
14159574100_2e48c372f7_z.jpg
size comparison by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

and then that littlest box in the above image is the largest box in the image below... just to show other popular formats
14345461524_c8b15aa86f_z.jpg
sensor-sizes-850 by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

Hurrah!

Although my local PA (Pedants Anonymous) rep does point out that 60x60mm & 60x70mm are nominal sizes and that the area actually exposed is likely to be closer to 56x56mm and 56x67mm respectively (although my Horseman back creeps up to 69mm)

you and yer fancy pants camera made me take out my rollei 35 and take some pics... mainly "okay... am i TOTALLY messing up here...." test shots
we shall see when i finish the roll and develop, lol

Back