Sony show us your RX1

Hello Errz,

Welcome to SC. How do you like the Gariz handmade case? I am thinking of getting one of those but besides the left hand side (the side where the focus selection wheel is at) more cover, I wonder if the fit is any better than the more common case. Does the grip really add something?

Nice combo.

it does help..but not a lot. really want something like RSS RX1 combo set (BRX1-Set: Base + L-Plate + Grip - BRX1-Set - Kit Configuration Page) but it adds alot weight to the camera.

the Gariz new case leather does feel much better quality than the normal RX1 half case

Well, ended up going with the standard Gariz case.

Thanks Errz for the help, though.

Also, found cheap soft shutter release buttons on ebay so got three of those for 6 quid!

Now, it's all black...

_DSC5204.jpg

Haven't been here for a while. During my absence I ended up getting another RX1 as back up. Killer camera/lens. Cannot find a single more convincing combination anywhere with the lens, sensor and size combination.
No, not an A7/r with a CV 35mm 1.2...the edges and corners are nowhere as good and the shutter is very loud.
No, not an A7/r with the 35mm 2.8 Zeiss FE....loose one stop of light and not as good as the RX1 and the shutter remains the same.
No, not a m4/3 cam with a Nokton 17.5mm 0.95...(depth of field similar to RX1 at f2)...same issues on overall image sharpness albeit gaining a clean 2 stops of light.
So...since I am working with the RX1, I need a back up.
Quick post for those who may be considering getting the old Zeiss Flektogon 35mm 2.8 lens hood (m58w/49mm)...

IMG_20140423_1150352_edit.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_20140423_1152272_edit.jpg
[/IMG]

All these images are giving me GAS. The RX1 is a bit of a grail camera for me.
Maybe when the RX2 is released the RX1 prices will shift down again?

All these images are giving me GAS. The RX1 is a bit of a grail camera for me.
Maybe when the RX2 is released the RX1 prices will shift down again?

These days you can find an RX1 for maybe around $1500 or so on ebay. I got my second RX1 as an open box item from amazon in january for $2,000. I was lucky, but I was keeping an eye out for the opportunity.
Keep an eye out. There is always someone that starts their auction at 0.99

Back