Show "Wildlife being wild"

Discussion in 'Nature' started by stillshunter, Mar 27, 2014.

1. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Even though I see them every single day I just never tire of roos (kangaroos). Amazingly they say the longer and higher they jump, the less energy they use. Astounding creatures. I so adore them in motion….maybe in the next life (if I'm good in this one) I'll experience that feeling for myself? :cloud-9-039:

<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/46650120@N04/13443574603" title="brothers: hopping over dew by Mark, on Flickr"> 13443574603_dd4b2794dc_b. "1024" height="576" alt="brothers: hopping over dew"></a>

• Like Like x 7
  2. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Maybe they were "wild" at the time and most parents thought that they were "wildlife"- but not by today's standards

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hce74cEAAaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

"with a girl like you" is also "groovy"

• Like Like x 5
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Mark - that's wonderful!!!!! I've always wanted to come back as a sea otter, but now you've got me thinking.:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I never get sick of seeing kangaroos do their thing. There are big mobs at the hospital I used to work at (Morisset) but they cull them from time to time as they have been known to attack random people. The big boys anyway.

This is a brilliant well caught shot. Just love it!

LOL! I still do. Have you read Gavin Maxwell's "Ring of Bright Water"? If not, you must.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Absolutely, Sue - loved that book and still do...and even the movie!

• Like Like x 2
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Ditto to 'Ring of Bright Water'. Otters always seem joyful.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Agreed, Bill - full of joie de vivre! I'm sticking to coming back as an otter - river, sea, it doesn't matter.

• Like Like x 2