Show: Your driveway

Discussion in 'Nature' started by stillshunter, Apr 24, 2011.

1. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    This is mine....well I don't own it all, but this is how the DP2 and I saw the view as we travelled down the driveway as we made our way down it early this morning to get the week's "Reflection" challenge shot.

Neither photo might be top shelf, but with this view how can you not have a spring in your step for the rest of the day? :yahoo:

[​IMG]
    Dawn on the driveway by stillshunter, on Flickr

• Like Like x 9
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Oh, Mark - I am with you 100% regarding your view and having a spring in my step! I'll have to find a good photo of our "driveway".:dash2::wink:

3. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Thanks BB! I think what is most relaxing about this image is that you can't see a fence from this perspective. Not because they are a symbol of constraint, oppression, etc., but simply because they don't remind me of the five kilometres or so around my place that need attention :blush:

Any other driveways out there?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    My driveway suddenly feels ever so small and insignifcant, it's hiding behind the garage and is refusing to come out to play. Sorry, no amount of coaxing is going to enourage it to smile for the camera.

Seriously though, stunning image Mark, absolutely stunning.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Jul 3, 2010
    Wow, no way am I going to show you my driveway after looking at that :biggrin:.

Wonderful photo!

• Like Like x 2
  6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Yeah, fab shot, I am so jealous, you can't possibly imagine... and my concrete driveway in suburbia is NOT going on display!

• Like Like x 1
  7. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    OK, Mark - this one's for you - a redo of an old E-PL1 jpeg... I'll be sure to follow up showing the length of the driveway...let's see that will be about 60 feet?:rofl:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/5654820285/" title="P7011531-Edit-Edit.jpg by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="P7011531-Edit-Edit.jpg"></a>

• Like Like x 2
  8. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Now that's why I started this thread! Great photo BB!

It's precisely what I love about driveways. I know they seem pretty insignificant (and sometimes unkempt), but they're that weird transition point between the public and the private - between you and the rest of the world. This photo illustrates that point perfectly! It shows your daughter bringing a little of the neighbourhood into her world.

For me, I make some sacrifice to be 'at one' with the world and so my driveway seems pretty seamless and integrated with the environment. Having said that, that means my gates always open to local ruffians - the main culprits this last few months have been foxes who have decimated my chicken population, wild pigs who are sending my pasture to mud and wombats (my favourites) who make escape routes for my dogs under every fence....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Jul 3, 2010
    Great shot, BB. This isn't my driveway but my parents'. That's my mom in the back with rollers in her hair, enjoying watching her grandsons try to run me over.

[​IMG]
    R1030316.JPG by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

Camera was a Ricoh GX100

• Like Like x 5
  10. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Amin, mate I said it with BB's shot and I've got to repeat myself with yours! Great shot. Pure joy on the faces of your boys...and who can blame them? Time at Nan's place with such a cool toy....

Superb!

• Like Like x 2
  11. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    That is priceless, Amin! Love it!:biggrin:

You're actually so right, Mark about the public and private...nature's of driveways... Fortunately with summer come the leaves on the trees...so we're slightly more "protected".:wink:

Now, I must have a picture of those wombats and their escape routes!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    Was my drive until this year. Don't really have one now.

GRD1

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/8076775@N02/3921971937/" title="Maserati Ghibli II Kit Sportivo by meaning_of_light, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="733" alt="Maserati Ghibli II Kit Sportivo"></a>

• Like Like x 1
  13. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Now Will that is some impressive driveway! All set off by a couple of European sport cars outside the manor. Like it...A LOT! :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Boyzo

Boyzo SC Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Jul 14, 2010
    L1 with Oly 12-60 @ 12mm [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Here's on of my first shots with mu infra-red G5.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Bill,

Oh very SWEEEEEEEEEEET!

17. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Driveway to Stonewalls

Found this thread whilst looking for something else, so here we go. My driveway (shared) on the left with my Landrover.

[​IMG]

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  18. Penny

Penny SC Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Outside Liverpool Uk
    The narrow lanes of Devon give this one away Barrie....love it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Right now we're experiencing a harshest winter in 60 years or so. That's my Citroen in upper left corner:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxjaguar/6823924517/" title="2012 02 04 - 160531 by Milan Jovanovic /pictogramax, on Flickr">[​IMG]"800" height="650" alt="2012 02 04 - 160531"></a>

Neighbors decided it's better to stay put until it blows over:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxjaguar/6823925393/" title="2012 02 04 - 152744 by Milan Jovanovic /pictogramax, on Flickr">[​IMG]"800" height="1000" alt="2012 02 04 - 152744"></a>

• Like Like x 1
  20. kathyh

kathyh SC Top Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    Kathy
    • Like Like x 1