1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Show your favourite alcoholic drink

Discussion in 'Herman's Genres' started by Herman, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
  2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I keep tryiiiin' to do thish, but my glass keeps endin' up somehow empty...

Hic!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MoonMind

MoonMind SC Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    Had to look this up online, but here goes, by way of announcement:

'DOWN THE DRAIN (The twelve bottles of whisky)

I had twelve bottles of whiskey in my cellar, and my wife told me to empty the contents of each and every bottle down the sink - or else! So, I said I would and proceeded with the unpleasant task. I withdrew the cork from the first bottle and poured the contents down the sink, with the exception of one glass, which I drank. I extracted the cork from the second bottle and did likewise with the exception of one glass, which I drank. I pulled the cork from the third bottle and poured the whiskey down the sink, with the exception of one glass, which I drank. I then withdrew the cork from the fourth sink and poured the bottle down the glass, which I drank. I pulled the bottle from the cork of the next and drank one sink out of it and threw the rest down the glass. I pulled the sink out of the next glass and poured the cork from the bottle. Then I corked the sink with the glass, bottled the drink and drank the pour.
    When I had everything emptied I steadied the house with one hand, counted the bottles, corks, glasses and sinks with the other, which were twenty-nine. To make sure I counted them again, when they came to seventy-four. And as the house came by, I counted them again, and finally I had all the houses and bottles and corks and sinks and glasses counted, except one house and one cork, which l drank.'

(I think this also goes by the name of 'The Tall Tale' - but I found it marked 'anonymous' ... YMMV, definitely.)

My much more moderate version of this has to wait a bit, but I'll post an image eventually ...

M.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

A couple favorites ....

image.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Thanks for the replies.
    Never heart of these drinks before.
    What alcoholic % do they have?

6. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

The ones I posted, you really don't want. I was being slightly facetious.