1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sigma DP Pair (How do you tell them apart?)

Discussion in 'Sigma DP Forum' started by Ghosthunter, May 13, 2013.

1. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I got my DP1m yesterday and it's FAB! Really looking forward to taking it to the streets and away for some landscape lunacy! I thought I would take a pic of them together, trouble is they are identical!!! I was hoping the lenses would be different but they are the same. The only difference is the DP1m logo on the top plate. So any suggestions to tell them apart would be appreciated....and no I'm not painting one pink!! :biggrin:

Sigma DP1m & DP2m by andywest1, on Flickr

2. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    It'll have to be blue then!

I've got mine permanently attached to Voigtlander optical viewfinders, 25mm for the DP1M and 40mm for the DP2M (rough and ready approximations that function), I find the lettering on the ovf's the most prominent distinction between the two, otherwise just hope you outwit the law of averages as you grab one out of your bag :smile:

Barrie

3. retow

retow SC All-Pro

Jul 24, 2010
    Something is missing on your picture. And I believe it`s a DP3M.:th_salute:

4. ggibson

ggibson SC Regular

Sep 14, 2011
    Awesome! How do you like the DP1M lens? I had a DP1X, but wasn't crazy about the f4 aperture and close-focus abilities. Foveon seems to scream for landscapes though, so I like the focal length.

5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Perhaps putting a different strap on one of them would solve your "problem"! :biggrin:

Good luck. First world problems, to be sure!

-Ray

6. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Excellent idea Ray. Will that be a pink strap on one of them then Andy? :laugh1:

Barrie

7. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    :laugh1:

I don't do much portrait work or have much of a need for that focal length so it probably would not get used much. Maybe one day!

I have only just got the camera and it seems the same as the DP2m which is great. The only difference is the focal length. Will have a better idea when I have had a chance to take it out for a spin :thumbup:

NO!! :laugh1: I was thinking of a key ring of some sort, something small but bright!