Sigma Sigma DP Pair (How do you tell them apart?)

Name
Andy
I got my DP1m yesterday and it's FAB! Really looking forward to taking it to the streets and away for some landscape lunacy! I thought I would take a pic of them together, trouble is they are identical!!! I was hoping the lenses would be different but they are the same. The only difference is the DP1m logo on the top plate. So any suggestions to tell them apart would be appreciated....and no I'm not painting one pink!! :D

View attachment 69370
Sigma DP1m & DP2m by andywest1, on Flickr

and no I'm not painting one pink!! :D

It'll have to be blue then!

I've got mine permanently attached to Voigtlander optical viewfinders, 25mm for the DP1M and 40mm for the DP2M (rough and ready approximations that function), I find the lettering on the ovf's the most prominent distinction between the two, otherwise just hope you outwit the law of averages as you grab one out of your bag :)

Barrie

Awesome! How do you like the DP1M lens? I had a DP1X, but wasn't crazy about the f4 aperture and close-focus abilities. Foveon seems to scream for landscapes though, so I like the focal length.

It'll have to be blue then!

:laugh1:

Something is missing on your picture. And I believe it`s a DP3M.

I don't do much portrait work or have much of a need for that focal length so it probably would not get used much. Maybe one day!

Awesome! How do you like the DP1M lens? I had a DP1X, but wasn't crazy about the f4 aperture and close-focus abilities. Foveon seems to scream for landscapes though, so I like the focal length.

I have only just got the camera and it seems the same as the DP2m which is great. The only difference is the focal length. Will have a better idea when I have had a chance to take it out for a spin (y)

Excellent idea Ray. Will that be a pink strap on one of them then Andy?

NO!! :laugh1: I was thinking of a key ring of some sort, something small but bright!

Back