1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sigma DP Series Image Thread

Discussion in 'Sigma DP Forum' started by Amin Sabet, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Lets see some images from these cameras!

Here's one to get things started. A stressful moment for me on the highway:

2460790234_512a056296_b.

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    WHAT?!!!! :eek: What happened?? Oh, wait...please tell me it was being towed?

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I did a double take when I first saw that in front of me! I'm actually not sure what was going on. As I recall, it looked like a truck with two fronts, but they must have been towing it.

4. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I don't blame you! Unfortunately weird occurrences such as people driving the wrong way on highways, do happen more than I care to think about.

A truck with two fronts or a Pushmepullyou!:biggrin:

5. bbodine9

bbodine9 SC Regular

Jul 11, 2010
    Spring Roses

Spring Rose (1 of 1)web size. Thanks for starting this thread Amin. I hope all those with the DP series will participate! One of mine...

• Like Like x 4
  6. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    bbondine - these are truly lovely. You've got everything going in this photo. Twin beauties.

7. Archiver

Archiver SC Top Veteran

Jul 11, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    A few of my favourites from the last couple of years:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiver/2737523169/" title="DP1 - Chinatown by Archiver, on Flickr"> 2737523169_163cf3bd26. "500" height="333" alt="DP1 - Chinatown" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiver/3195607272/" title="DP1 - Boardwalk by Archiver, on Flickr"> 3195607272_d7e9a074dc. "500" height="333" alt="DP1 - Boardwalk" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiver/4343782651/" title="DP1 - Buchan Path by Archiver, on Flickr"> 4343782651_a44a41a4c3. "333" height="500" alt="DP1 - Buchan Path" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiver/3757023491/" title="DP1 - Mehfil by Archiver, on Flickr"> 3757023491_8a7fd1ea72. "500" height="333" alt="DP1 - Mehfil" /></a>

• Like Like x 6
  8. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    A couple of examples con graffiti...

DP2
    near_viks_072710.

DP1s
    sdim00071.

• Like Like x 6
  9. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Thank you everyone! And thank you for providing links to where you have some of your other photographs online, as well. Very nice to be able to look around!

10. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Shoes

[​IMG]

LR3 rendition.

• Like Like x 3
  11. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    christilou, am I losing my mind or didn't you just post elsewhere on this site that you were having difficulties with this camera?! You certainly had no difficulties here - the way the light is glinting off this pair of men's shoes is fantastic! I feel as though I can reach out an touch them, though I'm sure I'd leave some fingerprint smudges on their spit shine.:wink:

In addition, the size you chose worked our wonderfully here - that perfect pair pointing away from us as they go out of focus, the lines of the tiles and that one, little brilliant red petal. I don't see how you could have gotten a better image. I really like this one!

12. Wouter Brandsma

Wouter Brandsma &nbsp;

Jul 7, 2010
    For me the DP1 remains an ought camera. It is capable of fantastic image quality, but for me it also seems to be a camera that doesn't want to be used.
    090509-140002-0171-1.

before-the-battery-drained-by-wouter-brandsma.

to-the-beach-7.

• Like Like x 2
  13. christilou

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Thanks BB, I have Archiver to thank for his info on LR3 being able to decode the X3 files. I'm now able to play with yet another camera :) Where will it all end!

14. christilou

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I agree with you Wouter but your persistence certainly seems to have paid off. I think it's much harder to get something worth keeping but when you do, well, your images speak for themselves :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wouter Brandsma

Wouter Brandsma &nbsp;

Jul 7, 2010
    I certainly have some good keepers taken with the DP1, but it is just not the camera that I want to pick up. I even have more joy from my old Canon 10D with some M42 lenses. Yes, the images speak for themselves (see what Archiver for instance achieves with it), but I miss the spark, the magic. It is just not becoming an extension of my arm and vision. It is an awkward black box with an amazing sensor and everything not to be liked by me. The AF is incredibly slow, the screen is horrible, I don't like the MF implementation (you can easily touch the wheel and change the setting), the body is slippery, and the hot shoe doesn't enable a good fit for the OVF (Sigma and Voigtländer).

The first time I used the camera it felt just perfect, but since then I never had that same excitement with that camera anymore.

Still some more (the first one is from the first outing).
    canadian-war-cemetery-groesbeek-grave.

to-the-beach-1.

• Like Like x 2
  16. christilou

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Dp1

I think that a lot of cameras that I've owned have failed in the most important user requirement for me, the screen. As I've grown older I've sold my Ricoh GX100 and Olympus E510 because I just can't see the screens easily. I'm afraid that the DP1 falls into that same category, possibly the worst of all! I am loving the Olympus EP2 with it's great viewfinder. I wear reading glasses and find I need to use them for any camera work now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bbodine9

bbodine9 SC Regular

Jul 11, 2010
    DP1 plus AML1

One of my first with this combination: Spring Rose (1 of 1).

• Like Like x 2
  18. bbodine9

bbodine9 SC Regular

Jul 11, 2010
    Anniversary Rose!

My wife has always been partial to yellow roses and they have become our anniversary rose, celebrated 36 years this past week with a most wonderful lady. Photo courtesy of DP1 and AML1. Anniversary Rose (1 of 1).

• Like Like x 3
  19. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Bruce, lovely photo, and congratulations on your anniversary!

20. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    So many cameras - so many good pictures. I'm glad that my budget has been blown. I do, however, find it interesting to read everyone's likes and dislikes about their cameras, whether it's the handling, the screen or whatever. I think that Wouter's description of how his relationship has changed with this particular camera, despite his excellent images with it, is telling.

Happy anniversary, Bruce, to you and your wife!:flowers_2: