Sigma DP1/2M both $849 at Adorama

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by krugorg, Nov 23, 2012.

1. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    let me be the little devil on your shoulder, Kyle.
    "Buy it!"

• Like Like x 2
  3. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    And then post lots of samples for the rest of us to live vicariously through you!

• Like Like x 2
  4. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I was trying to be the devil on your shoulder, Luke!

I was tempted and played around with raw files quite a bit (Sigma Photo Pro > LR > Nik :eek:), but I ended up grabbing the Sigma 30mm deal ($130 after an Amazon credit) for my NEX-7. I just couldn't mentally handle the resale hit I would have taken on my NEX-7, which would have needed to go to fund the Sigma. I figured I may be able to get 80% of the way to the DP2M with the NEX-7/Sigma 30mm combo, with the added bonus of having a viewfinder and tilt screen. If I had to do it all over again, maybe I should have picked up the Sigma instead of the N7, but right now it feels good to not be buying/selling.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I think I'm done with interchangeable lens cameras, so this might be perfect for me as a complement to the X100. :wink:

6. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I was suspecting that you were cleaning house to make room for the RX1, but would love to see what you do with the DP2M too!

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I think the camera may be a good match for my tendency to oversharpen....only time will tell.