Sigma Sigma DP2m...Some questions I need answers to.

It's very easy to use
Menu is simplicity itself
Nice to use
Feels like a quality product
Pretty easy to get sharp images hand held at ISO100 (the only ISO I used)
A bit too easy to take an image due to shutter button not having enough resistance (I'll get used to it).
Battery life poor but I would think that I'd manage OK with 2 batteries.
Images are MIND BLOWING!!!
Seem to have sharper/less camera shake images at the same shutter speed than my other cameras.
Software is clunky but OK and as others have said....save as Tiff or Jpg then edit.
Files are an absolute joy to edit as there is SO much info there.
Colours are wonderful
Don't need to sharpen most images

I'm Blown away by this camera and feel it can be more usable generally than some people have led us to believe. I love the simplicity and lack of buttons and choices. It does what it says on the tin!! What a great camera.

Andy, I'm so pleased that you had the opportunity to discover this for yourself.
If you believed everything you read on camera forums about the DP cameras, and especially the Merrills, you could easily run away with the idea that you had to join some sort of secret brotherhood and be initiated into arcane rituals before you could consider using one. And you have to have a tripod.

But - as you have discovered - it's just a camera! (albeit one with a remarkable sensor that generates remarkable images)

Not bought one just yet but it's looking likely! It's either the sigma or a DSLR!?!?!?!

EDIT: Deff going to get one now. We have a new unopened kit at work so I'm gonna get that one. Woop! Been looking at loads of images and doing lots of thinking and this camera covers more bases than I need. It's one of those cameras that's more than the sum of it's parts!!:D

I figure that If i can get the very best detail and sharpness that I can afford then the rest is up to me. Hopefully I'll have the image that I want and it will be sharp with great detail and colour.....well that's the plan anyway :D

I think I'm going to need a new external hard drive. Mine is 320Gig and is nearly full!! With these larger files to back up I need more room! I have 1Tb on the main PC which will do for a while :)

Back