W/NW Signs of Fall.

Thanks - although I love the reds in the photos, the one I like the most is the mushrooms - it makes me think of Lord of the Rings.

The Hexanon adapter finally came out from the high volume ebay sellers (cost $35). I was familiar with these lenses from my m43 days - I have the 28mm, 40mm and the 57mm f1.4. I am really happy with them and the price can't be beat.

The colors are straight from the NEX other than some quick contrast adjustment in LR3. I don't know if the Hexanon lens is responsible for the colors because in my newbie-ness, I never associated lenses with producing different colors.

That's about to change though, as I will be ordering some Russian legacy lenses ie Zeiss and Leica clones to see if they truly replicate the Leica colors that are so appealing. That'll keep me busy in the dark rainy Vancouver months to come.

I've been admiring your B&W shots for a while now. I thought you were going for a Halloween theme with this one because I'm seeing a spooky face in the tree trunk :)

5135846759_d48918468b_b.jpg

LX5

Penny, I'm so glad the embedding worked this time! It's great to see your fall scene here via the X1 - still quite a bit of green, I see. That looks like a beautiful church. Perhaps we'll see more of it in another photo? Lovely colors. And this is the perfect size to post - this way we can all easily see the details but it does not throw off the forum viewing.:drinks:

I love them Ray. They are beautiful. My favorite is your first, however they are all lovely.

As for flame wars about anyone's photographs - that's just simply ridiculous. Clearly if this fellow's pictures were anything like yours, the flamers had no sense of taste.

5042959428_e41a963434_b.jpg

Leica X1

Taken off the deck of our rented beach house - during a much longed for break from the wild, stormy week.

Very nice Wylie ... its kinda like a painting but actually a Photograph ....Great sky !!! and here the foreground sky ratio is just right
Nice to see the X1 being put to good use (and not languishing) :D

Great reminder that while many of us are coming close to late spring/summer, those down south are getting fall weather, going into winter soon.

that's just weird.
i know it rationally but it's just so weird, when I am so saturated by Spring up here

Back