SiJ 17: outtakes - unofficial thread

XPRO0020-LR-2-36l.64-1k4.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 24, outtake 1 (Dismantling an Icon I):
full.jpg

The story behind this: The Chapel Bridge in Lucerne (Switzerland) obviously needed repairs on the stairs on the old town's side. For someone who has crossed this bridge literally hundreds of times, it feels quite peculiar to see it with part of the floor missing.

Day 24, outtake 2 (Dismantling an Icon II):
full.jpg

Thought about going monochrome on this one, but the different wood colours add to the shot.

Day 24, outtake 3 (The Killer's Refuge):
full.jpg

The title's a reference to the simple truth that the guy who owns that house actually shot another guy; he's done his time and is now living there. Apparently, he never told anyone why he did it ...

M.

Day 24, outtake 1 (Dismantling an Icon I):
View attachment 123145

The story behind this: The Chapel Bridge in Lucerne (Switzerland) obviously needed repairs on the stairs on the old town's side. For someone who has crossed this bridge literally hundreds of times, it feels quite peculiar to see it with part of the floor missing.

Day 24, outtake 2 (Dismantling an Icon II):
View attachment 123146

Thought about going monochrome on this one, but the different wood colours add to the shot.

Day 24, outtake 3 (The Killer's Refuge):
View attachment 123147

The title's a reference to the simple truth that the guy who owns that house actually shot another guy; he's done his time and is now living there. Apparently, he never told anyone why he did it ...

M.

I took lots of photos of this bridge in the Autumn when it was covered in flowers (and tourists!) We had this view from Les Balances so I was able to get quite a lot of photos with different lenses and angles.

Day 25 (not exactly an outtake, but a properly processed version of yesterday's image - quick and dirty wasn't that bad, after all, though):
full.jpg

The colour cast is pretty embarrassing - but that's the trade-off with the S95; colour above ISO 400: off.

Day 26, outtake 1 (Heavy lifting):
full.jpg

Day 26, outtake 2 (Old meats new):
full.jpg

M.

From Day 27. The day before (Thursday) was a public holiday so the smart people booked a day's leave for the Friday while the not so smart and unfortunate people had to go in for that one day between the public holiday and the weekend. Of course, me and this guy to the train next to me in the morning fell into the latter group. I should have posted this as an SIJ entry as its exactly how I felt first thing in the morning.

IMG_0449 copy.jpg

Day 28 "outtakes" - well, they're more like a commentary, really. This is going to be a bit image-heavy - but yesterday was really very nice, not the least because I wasn't alone on my photo walk; some of you will know this guy:
full.jpg

Ming was in Lucerne for a short visit, and we arranged a group meeting - five of us gathered from all over Switzerland; after breakfast, we headed out to do a little picture hunting. This was the view that drew him towards the lake initially:
full.jpg

Of course, he approached it all quite differently (and with his usual dedication), but here's a shot he probably missed - incoming waves from a ship) ;)
full.jpg

Finally, when I was heading home, I came across a very different type of visitor to our town - taking it all for granted:
full.jpg

M.

Day 28 "outtakes" - well, they're more like a commentary, really. This is going to be a bit image-heavy - but yesterday was really very nice, not the least because I wasn't alone on my photo walk; some of you will know this guy:
View attachment 123332

Ming was in Lucerne for a short visit, and we arranged a group meeting - five of us gathered from all over Switzerland; after breakfast, we headed out to do a little picture hunting. This was the view that drew him towards the lake initially:
View attachment 123333

Of course, he approached it all quite differently (and with his usual dedication), but here's a shot he probably missed - incoming waves from a ship) ;)
View attachment 123334

Finally, when I was heading home, I came across a very different type of visitor to our town - taking it all for granted:
View attachment 123335

M.
What a life he has! What was the expression on his face when he saw you draw out your S95?

Last edited:
Back