SiJ 2017 - Day 2.

Very well judged image - I took a couple of seconds to identify perspective :)

Thanks, Matt. That's my trusty e-cig (a Lemo-2 vaporizer on top of a mechanical 'mod' that holds a 3400mAh lithium-ion battery).
Ah, okay - so I wasn't wrong. I've never looked at one of those closely before ... That vice at least never occured to me ;)

M.

Mine is rather a mundane shot, it was all about capturing the light which for once was rather pretty this afternoon...... it led me to misjudge how cold it actually was when I took Little B out for a walk though!

L1007498-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M240 50mm Summilux

so many great images, it's agonising not being able to comment on them all. Then if you pick just a few you fear you'll offend everyone else :daz:

....but I can't go on and not say anything so I hope this causes no offence....and anyway I assume I'll get around to commenting on everyone's images by Day 31.

I am really, really, really going to watch this series with baited breath. What a great idea!!! Here's hoping you have at least 31 service stations accessible to you. Can I ask - have you planned out which to visit on which day?...or at least mapped out the furthest ones for active days and close ones for lazy days?

Contre-jour this time. S95, 67mm-e:
View attachment 122138

M.
The composition here is so well balanced. Superb!

Here's hoping you have at least 31 service stations accessible to you. Can I ask - have you planned out which to visit on which day?...or at least mapped out the furthest ones for active days and close ones for lazy days?

You can Google gas stations near you, wherever you are. I did do some planning ahead, but can't rule out having to go gas station hunting to get a picture. Today, me and my family were out and everybody was pointing out gas stations...

On the road most of the day, we finally found a pet-friendly hotel to stop for the night. After going out for a quick dinner, we settled in for a bit of TV and found out that a tornado was passing about 5-10 minutes south of us. WOW...too close for comfort. pounding rains and crazy winds should continue for the next few hours, but little Charlie is completely unaware....resting peacefully. The camera is in the car, shot this one in available light (near darkness) on my cel phone.

31690456120_5239da0a1e_c.jpg
IMG_20170102_193357
by Luke, on Flickr

On the road most of the day, we finally found a pet-friendly hotel to stop for the night. After going out for a quick dinner, we settled in for a bit of TV and found out that a tornado was passing about 5-10 minutes south of us. WOW...too close for comfort. pounding rains and crazy winds should continue for the next few hours, but little Charlie is completely unaware....resting peacefully. The camera is in the car, shot this one in available light (near darkness) on my cel phone.

View attachment 122171IMG_20170102_193357 by Luke, on Flickr

Is that a microwave under the TV on the shelf? :wtf:
...might have been the best way to get a clock in the room I suspect.

Junior looks comfortable...

Back