SiJ 2017 - Day 4

I'm finding the download/edit/upload process to be the hardest part this year ... really struggling to get each day in on time.

That's why I've chosen to go JPEG only. I couldn't keep my promise to do SOOC JPEGs, since light is difficult, and my subjects contain many lines that sometimes need to be straightened, but I keep post processing to an absolute minimum.

Short on inspiration today so here's what I see out of my office window. Rx100 auto (green i setting), LRCC process with auto upright correction, level tweaks, extra clarity and a crop to fit the window frame.
View attachment 122227

Sometimes I feel I must take a picture of a scene without really understanding what is attracting me. For me this would be one of those situations. There is something strange on how the main elements are located: the tower with no windows facing us, the post rising from a bush making it hard to really understand where it is on the ground, the big tree just in the middle of nowhere. Looks like something out of a fantasy movie.

View attachment 122256 Rain again tonight. So a quick walk through the neighborhood. Green Line tracks cross Harvard St.
Mono 246 50mm

Great tones and sense of depth, you handled this very well!

Lovely image, would look great hanging on a wall.

Went to a funeral today, said goodbye to a great woman (my aunt) who knew how to find a smile no matter what knocks life threw at her. Her knocks were some of worst kind of knocks you could imagine in life but she would just pick herself up and get on with making the most of her time on earth. She also experienced the best things in life. Blessed with friends and extended family, she was always looking out for the welfare of others. The crematorium was packed, no hymns were sung, instead many memories were shared and all around tears and laughter were flowing. A great send off for a great woman.

So photo opportunities were pants. Didn't seem appropriate to take pictures during the day. My aunt would have smiled, that's Karen doing the thing she loves, if I had gone chasing photographs of the squirrels or other strange things in the garden. Not sure her friends and extended family would have understood though.

So, before I post I have to apologise, I only snapped a picture of myself when I got home. It wasn't a good picture but, taking a leaf from my aunt's book, I just picked it up and made the most of it, using post processing software!! You gotta smile at life and not take it so seriously, it's all gone before you know it!

Ricoh GR, with Analog Efex 2

Went to a funeral today, said goodbye to a great woman (my aunt) who knew how to find a smile no matter what knocks life threw at her. Her knocks were some of worst kind of knocks you could imagine in life but she would just pick herself up and get on with making the most of her time on earth. She also experienced the best things in life. Blessed with friends and extended family, she was always looking out for the welfare of others. The crematorium was packed, no hymns were sung, instead many memories were shared and all around tears and laughter were flowing. A great send off for a great woman.

So photo opportunities were pants. Didn't seem appropriate to take pictures during the day. My aunt would have smiled, that's Karen doing the thing she loves, if I had gone chasing photographs of the squirrels or other strange things in the garden. Not sure her friends and extended family would have understood though.

So, before I post I have to apologise, I only snapped a picture of myself when I got home. It wasn't a good picture but, taking a leaf from my aunt's book, I just picked it up and made the most of it, using post processing software!! You gotta smile at life and not take it so seriously, it's all gone before you know it!

Karen. Well done.

A fitting tribute. Condolences but really appreciate how you have seen through to the nub of life - the ultimate cycle. A timely lesson shared with us all. Thank you!

BTW: looking gooooooood ;)

Very touching story. Sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing!

Day 4 was at the Montjuic Fort, Barcelona:

full.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back