SiJ 2017 - Day 5

Lunchtime - just waiting for the Panini of the Beast...
SIJ 2017 5 mono.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You can find the prices on the alternative shot (overprocessed to distinguish it from the one in the series)

View attachment 122275
Absolutely loving this series Marlof. Wish I had your issues where 'spares' were as good as the winner each day. Mate the composition on this image here is spot on indeed!

On the way back from the dentist in a neighboring town. Super icy. Managed to drop my camera too. 'Not so happy, happy. Camera did survive as did the lens with no marks. Soft ice?!? ;-)
. . . David
View attachment 122277
Wow there is levels of softness to ice? Suppose it's like the Inuit people who have is it 30 words for white?
Man we here in Australia have it weird obviously....

No perspective issues here. This is an old house that has settle badly:
View attachment 122287
X-T10, XF27
Oh this is just so, so, so very good! Nice work mate!

Last edited:
You got a sympathetic ear here mate. Even more so as we also save racehorses. Now this is an awful business. One of the highest percentage of 'wastage' in any live industry - hence why I am thoroughly unable to enjoy the visage of something like the Melbourne Cup. Only a small percentage of horses are saved from the sales by the rescue networks - most go to a very awful end. My wife saves what she can and what we can fit on our farm and in our budget, she rehabilitates them and tries to find the right homes for them - usually on a free-lease basis. I'll be sure to get a few photos of some of our latest refugees during the course of January.

Good on you @bilzmale for going the rescue route. Every single one of our four dogs are rescues and we'd have it no other way.
...and a damn fine photo too mate! (y)

I have a friend who also supports ex racing greyhounds, she has three now! They are treated abominably here in the UK too.

Frantic last minute....

View attachment 122289

M240 50 mm Summilux iso 3200

Wonderfully done - great work picking out her eye; I wish my safeties had that kind of feel to them.

Got rid of the flu, finally got out again to shoot.
E-PL7 + 7.5mm FE
View attachment 122290Night runners by José Saraiva, on Flickr

Great shot - I never took that baby out at night; definitely have to give it a try (come February ;)).

A good reason to do some last-minute pp myself ... brb, as we used to say in the early days of IRC.

M.

From our hotel room. One night we decided to splurge for a nicer room. I liked the way parts of the outside were visible, mixing with elements of reflections of the room. Again, the phone decided to shoot a burst in the low light, and I like the movement on the TV in the gif.

View attachment 122301Burst_Cover_GIF_Action_20170103194600 by Luke, on Flickr

That's pretty cool.

Is there some x-rated action on that screen or do I need to clean my reading glasses?

From our hotel room. One night we decided to splurge for a nicer room. I liked the way parts of the outside were visible, mixing with elements of reflections of the room. Again, the phone decided to shoot a burst in the low light, and I like the movement on the TV in the gif.

View attachment 122301Burst_Cover_GIF_Action_20170103194600 by Luke, on Flickr

Back