SiJ 2018 - Day Fifteen.

Discussion in 'Photo Challenges' started by bilzmale, Jan 14, 2018.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    Ellen Von Unwerth

Unwerth is known for her distinctively erotic style of fashion photography. She has shot for a number of high-profile fashion magazines, such as Vogue.

• Like Like x 6
  2. One must consider all options after requesting entry to the house. Delay, think, delay, think some more...

274CF709-B0CC-478F-9E55-53DC9B9A7556.

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 7
  3. bilzmale

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Rain from the spent cyclone is persisting down so Jack obliged with an indoor shot. It did put the bushfire out.

R0000692_DxO copy.

• Like Like x 10
  4. I was wondering about you and "joyce" last night, whilst watching news and weather. It looked pretty nasty.

5. bilzmale

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    A bit breezy but lots of reasonably gentle soaking rain.

6. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

So far a day of almost continuous rain and near gale force winds, but a short 30 minute break and a glimpse of sunshine enabled me to capture this image of my current home, a rented cottage converted some 15 plus years ago. My now landlord showed me round it at the time he was converting it. My immediate reaction was to say "I'd like to live here", and now I am. I knew the last bull that lived in it, a big docile South Devon by the name of Ferdie. Having taken the picture, come in, processed it and started to write this post the weather has closed in with uniform grey skies and rain again.

180115-1030837.
    The Bulls House

Barrie

• Like Like x 12
  7. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Her Majesty Inky
    IMG_0142.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  8. marlof

marlof Trying to focus Subscribing Member

Dec 25, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Marlof
    2018011514251394-IMG_0047-XL.

• Like Like x 14
  9. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Lexington, Virginia
    Steve
    bottles-M.
    Edit: one thing I want to note here is that all of that architecture to the right side of the image is just reflection. Beyond the cabinet is just a long white wall. It's amazing to me how well it aligns with the shelf. I didn't notice it until I had the image on my screen.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
    • Wow Wow x 1
  10. Hanneke

Hanneke SC Regular

Sep 17, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Hanneke
    DSCF0711-2-XL.

• Like Like x 12
  11. MoonMind

MoonMind SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    Strictly a silly safety shot, but there's a little story: This quarter haunted my wallet for a couple of weeks before I finally fished it out - it's almost the same size as one Swiss Franc, but of course, it isn't. I know now why my brother gave it to me. I passed it over to my Schefflera to deal with it - this needs careful handling :p
    SiJ2018_15.

M.

• Like Like x 11
  12. Hageneth

Hageneth SC Regular

Jan 8, 2017
    Suffolk.UK
    Ian
    A very wet and windy day. During a short break in the rain this morning I nipped outside and cleaned these up
    DSCF5232.JPG
    My Great Grandaughter's football boots. I am her nominated boot cleaner :thumbup:

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. tonyturley

tonyturley SC All-Pro

Nov 24, 2014
    Scott Depot, WV, USA
    Tony
    Struggled a bit today. Went for a river bike ride in the cold, looking for interesting views of local flora. Settled for this (it looked a lot more interesting in person.) American Sycamore (Platanus occidentalis) trees with their lower bark stripped away on the upstream side by the huge ice chunks floating on the swollen New River during last week's sudden thaw. I didn't see it in person, but I did see a couple of videos, and the river was covered shore-to-shore by a vast number of ice chunks rushing along. It was a sight to behold.

DSCF1267a.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Burkey

Burkey SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    Late afternoon sun.
    . . . David
    Bird Feeder Shadows and Wood Pile.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Covey22

Covey22 SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 3, 2012
    The retailer said Tuesday, some kind soul at UPS (Thanks Mr. Brown!) must have taken pity on me and arranged for an early delivery on a Federal Holiday. Just in time too, more snow Tuesday night and perhaps later into the week. Note that the recent clipper washed away almost all of the white stuff, but here we go again. The hardest part was figuring out the instructions and that I really must find my Socket Wrench kit.

SiJ-2018-Day15-001-Edit-LREdit.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I'm late tonight, and not just in posting...

Walk me, human.
    2018_0115_22232400-01.

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 4
  17. Briar

Briar SC Hall of Famer

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    EF076429-A28B-4D36-B722-7FCFE72C716F.

Day Fifteen - the wrong way round

Go figure that I have to leave the office to get warm today. Not that it was anything near warm outside. My internal thermometer is just plain broke. A mad dash around the block, a quick queue at the coffee shop, and a mad dash back to work to eat my sandwich before my break ends all seem to help. Until someone opens the window and I’m cold again. I passed the footprints on my way - left over from the morning rush at the station.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. _PRO9917-L.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ajramirez

ajramirez SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
  20. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    39687068122_d1732a1c1e_c. SIJ2018 Day 15 by donlaw200, on Flickr
    Perla looks up from her working on updated continuing education units for her RN license. Me, grabbed this portrait as I was about to run out the door to catch another plane to Ohio.
    More flight delays for deicing, then baggage claim and a late Lyft ride. The joy of travel...

• Like Like x 9