SiJ 2018 - Day Fifteen.

One must consider all options after requesting entry to the house. Delay, think, delay, think some more...

274CF709-B0CC-478F-9E55-53DC9B9A7556.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So far a day of almost continuous rain and near gale force winds, but a short 30 minute break and a glimpse of sunshine enabled me to capture this image of my current home, a rented cottage converted some 15 plus years ago. My now landlord showed me round it at the time he was converting it. My immediate reaction was to say "I'd like to live here", and now I am. I knew the last bull that lived in it, a big docile South Devon by the name of Ferdie. Having taken the picture, come in, processed it and started to write this post the weather has closed in with uniform grey skies and rain again.

180115-1030837.jpg

The Bulls House

Barrie

bottles-M.jpg

Edit: one thing I want to note here is that all of that architecture to the right side of the image is just reflection. Beyond the cabinet is just a long white wall. It's amazing to me how well it aligns with the shelf. I didn't notice it until I had the image on my screen.

Last edited:
Struggled a bit today. Went for a river bike ride in the cold, looking for interesting views of local flora. Settled for this (it looked a lot more interesting in person.) American Sycamore (Platanus occidentalis) trees with their lower bark stripped away on the upstream side by the huge ice chunks floating on the swollen New River during last week's sudden thaw. I didn't see it in person, but I did see a couple of videos, and the river was covered shore-to-shore by a vast number of ice chunks rushing along. It was a sight to behold.

DSCF1267a.JPG

The retailer said Tuesday, some kind soul at UPS (Thanks Mr. Brown!) must have taken pity on me and arranged for an early delivery on a Federal Holiday. Just in time too, more snow Tuesday night and perhaps later into the week. Note that the recent clipper washed away almost all of the white stuff, but here we go again. The hardest part was figuring out the instructions and that I really must find my Socket Wrench kit.

SiJ-2018-Day15-001-Edit-LREdit.jpg

EF076429-A28B-4D36-B722-7FCFE72C716F.jpeg

Day Fifteen - the wrong way round

Go figure that I have to leave the office to get warm today. Not that it was anything near warm outside. My internal thermometer is just plain broke. A mad dash around the block, a quick queue at the coffee shop, and a mad dash back to work to eat my sandwich before my break ends all seem to help. Until someone opens the window and I’m cold again. I passed the footprints on my way - left over from the morning rush at the station.

Back