SiJ 2018 - Day Sixteen.

Wild and woolly down at the beach deserves a touch of HDR. The swell was around 5M. Normally pretty flat. This is a shot of the end of Nobby's Breakwall, Newcastle Aus. Glad I went down, today, but could have wished for a larger sensor camera :)

3BC1531D-7F92-47F0-8073-E5298F923300.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Today, I probably reached the limits of what the V1 can do; the scene was very dark and grim (bad storm today, actually quite threatening), but even though there was still some light in the sky, the camera needed ISO 800 here, and when I tried to process the image, it went spotty instead of grainy (I don't mind a bit of grain - I'm a film shooter ...); this is what I was able to salvage.
sij2018_16-jpg.jpg

M.

P.S. This is not a monochrome image! That's how it looked, more or less (I enhanced the contrast somewhat - but that was necessary because the file looked flatter than the original)

P.P.S. I only noticed at the end of editing that the framing is a tiny bit off to the left - but it is a little too tight anyway due to the fact that I simply couldn't go back any further without blocking my view - and I had tried a tighter frame without success earlier. So I left it as I found it.

P.P.P.S I posted this to the wrong thread first - I hope it "got over" okay ...

Bright and sunny for a change so got the bike out
DSCF5267.JPG

This is St Augustine's Church just a few miles away at Harleston and it dates from the 12th century. This was one of the stopping places for monks and other religious travelers on their way from the Suffolk coast to Bury St Edmunds.
It is also one of only two churches in Suffolk with a thatched roof.

62C52C54-9F24-4D29-B682-50C0EAFA1DA1.jpeg

Day Sixteen - the wrong disposition

While I was sleeping in a little later than I should have this morning the pretty little white stuff was falling enthusiastically from the sky. I love snow but it does have one annoying habit when it falls on a week day - it clogs up the roads with nervous drivers intent on ensuring no one gets to work on time. Catching an off-peak train doesn’t help either but the last rush hour train left 20 minutes earlier. I know, I watched it as it left me behind on the platform only seconds too late. Having spent the whole day on catch up I didn’t get the opportunity to snap a picture until I was heading home after work. The best I could hope for was a quick snap of some leaves dancing in the wind under the street light. It turned out all blur of course. Oh well ... always tomorrow.

Back