SiJ 2018 - Day Twenty Six (Australia Day).

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
“It’s one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it’s another thing to make a portrait of who they are.”
Philip Jones Griffiths
1936 – 2008

Jones Griffiths was a Welsh photojournalist. He is famed for his coverage of the Vietnam war.

Australia Day is just an excuse for a huge booze-up, it seems to me, and for hoons to drive around with a gazillion Aussie flags attached to their cars. The rest of the year, they dont give a thought to it.

When in doubt, shoot food.

0C9592F6-42B3-40FC-A2C1-8EFB29085110.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In these days of super resolution and pixel-shift sensors I was reminded of a very early software solution to increase resolution. It is called PhotoAcute and is no longer under development. You take multiple exposures and add them in the program to increase resolution and decrease noise. Yes you can do averaging in PS to get similar results and the technique suits 5MP cameras better than modern systems but it still works. This 56MP image is from 4 handheld 14MP shots.

R0000840-R0000843_PA.jpg

B489376D-4389-4AE0-B355-156BDAF4987A.jpeg

Day Twenty Six - the wrong age for Disney

I can’t say I am a fan of Damien Hirst but I did enjoy his mockumentary - “Treasures from the Wreck of the Unbelievable“ on Netflix. While I wasn’t giving the tv my full attention when it was on, only looking up every so often to watch the skuba divers moving their “booty” up from the sea bed, it all looked quite beautiful, believable, disturbing, despite the many, many hints they kept giving you that it was all fake. I know Hirst got a lot of stick for this exhibition but I really liked it. Not every day you get see the old barnacles of Mickey Mouse!

Back