SiJ 2018 - Day Twenty Three.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
“Which of my photographs is my favourite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow.”
Joe McNally

McNally is an internationally acclaimed photographer known for his work with National Geographic Society, and for his collection of photographs showing Ground Zero in New York in the wake of 9/11.

Local scene #3

0A7CB101-85E9-4852-A13C-2C9C8B5BF8C5.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Today, it got really exasperating: When I was driving home from work, I passed by one wonderful opportunity after the other - passed by, because I had a passenger and couldn't possibly stop to take images! When I finally got home, the only thing I could do was to grab the camera and run out to see what I could still catch. But the light had faded, all the magnificent hues had gone, I was too late. Well, at least I tried ...
SiJ2018_23.jpg

(It wasn't possible to lift the shadows much further - pretty heavy noise there, still visible in the clouds, and correcting for that created one unpleasant mush ...)

M.

Today, it got really exasperating: When I was driving home from work, I passed by one wonderful opportunity after the other - passed by, because I had a passenger and couldn't possibly stop to take images! When I finally got home, the only thing I could do was to grab the camera and run out to see what I could still catch. But the light had faded, all the magnificent hues had gone, I was too late. Well, at least I tried ...
View attachment 132458

(It wasn't possible to lift the shadows much further - pretty heavy noise there, still visible in the clouds, and correcting for that created one unpleasant mush ...)

M.
It's certainly a lovely view.

C8680028-F121-4BC2-9816-6AAC5C07CD0B.jpeg

Day Twenty Three - the wrong hard day’s night

Darn, couldn’t even be bothered to go for a coffee at lunch time today. When I got home flicked through the films on the bbc iPlayer and settled on “a hard day’s night”. Nothing good could come from this. I patched together a previous shot from the month with a snap of the tv. Sunk to a new level of low for photography for which I can only apologise ... worse still - I can’t believe I got to the end of the film.

Back