1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Silver projects professional

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by ricks, Oct 14, 2015.

1. ricks

ricks SC Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    A friend sent me a link to a free offer for this German B&W conversion program. I saw it 2 hours before it expired last night. I downloaded and installed it, and played around with it a little. I was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with it. There are You tube videos on line, but those and the website are all in German which I do not understand. I am having a hard time with the adjustments on the right side of the page. If anybody knows of an English version or has experience, I would appreciate it. It seems like an interesting program. Thanks.

2. Don't know German.

What program?

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    I also tried the freebie of this but ran into the translation problem and from memory it did not play well with Win 10. It was not intuitive so I uninstalled it. The Franzis company makes other software (eg HDR) but seems localised to Germany.

4. ricks

ricks SC Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Dave, the program is Silver Projects Professional.
    Bill, Thanks for your input. I think I will give it a week or so, but all indications are that I will end up uninstalling also.

5. grillec

grillec SC Veteran

Jan 16, 2014
    Actually I'm rather using Silver Efex than this. I've used one or two presets, but I dislike for example the visually response of the sliders after the change.

6. ricks

ricks SC Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    I was all set to uninstall and then I got this image with Franzis Silver projects professional... so I guess I'll keep it a little longer. Generally I end up in Siver Efex Pro which seems much more intuitive. 151014-alfa-DSCF2417.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    love the effect just gorgeous

• Like Like x 1
  8. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
  9. ricks

ricks SC Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Thanks Red. And thank you Bill for the link.