Single in January 2015 - How's the ride? (Days 1-10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amin
Hope you can get the gallery up and running soon. Sorry about the problems.
Will post day 3 and on when things get back to normal.

Nothing but storms today. Lost electricity for a few hours. Went out during a small break in the light and sound show - glad I did because it's darkening and deepening...

...a little foreboding for my return to work tomorrow.

Uploaded to my flickr for now, while do the same in our little gallery when I can.

First day back to work, so too rushed to shoot a safety first thing in the morning...and came home too late for the light. Had to be 'creative' in the dark...oh boy!

So I managed my first - latecomers - post today. The challenge is having its desired effect. After travelling back from the UK I was in no mood to go out and shoot, but I eventually got out at 4.30 this afternoon for a quick 20 minute walk and managed to grab a few shots. The one I posted was one of those last minute spots with no time to compose or frame so there's a bit of movement blur, but I like it all the same. Tomorrow the plan is to head to the Farmers' Market.

I have a carpool of schoolkids to bring round every morning; they're all laughing now because I keep muttering to myself at a red light "Safety shot, safety shot" while looking around like a slightly crazed individual. I might have to get them all up earlier - if I see a shot on the way to school, I'll just have to pull over and take it.

This is tough! trying to find something worthwhile given given the short, gloomy days is not easy.
I'm really enjoying everyone's contributions - wish I could comment on each but it would be some variation of "cool/awesome shot" ... that's really the limit of my photo-critiquing abilities ;)

Today has been a struggle - back to work, then had to go to hospital for an MRI scan on my poorly big toe (don't laugh, more painful than it sounds), and now it's getting gloomy if not dark. Might have to be an abstract again...
So far also I am not in love with the 50mm eq focal length on the XF35. The lens is undoubtedly excellent but I'm not used to where to stand with it yet! I think everything is conspiring to make me finally buy the X100 I've wanted for a very long time.

Today has been a struggle - back to work, then had to go to hospital for an MRI scan on my poorly big toe (don't laugh, more painful than it sounds), and now it's getting gloomy if not dark. Might have to be an abstract again...
So far also I am not in love with the 50mm eq focal length on the XF35. The lens is undoubtedly excellent but I'm not used to where to stand with it yet! I think everything is conspiring to make me finally buy the X100 I've wanted for a very long time.

Martin, mate, no scoffing at your sore toe. Pain is pain no matter what and the body's telling you something's afoot....best of luck health-wise.

This challenge is about sticking with your gear, but have to say I only recently bought the X100s again (yep second x100s and third X100) after looking sideways at my XPro1 kit. I have a few lenses including the phenomenally good Zeiss Touit 32/1.8 but just aren't as inspired with it in hand as I am the simple X100. Funny this time around I bought a kit with all the bells and whistles - thumbs-up grip, half-case, hood, etc., etc., and each is slowly being shed as I enjoy the simplicity of the camera.

I have difficulty committing to this challenge this time round - I think I need to set myself some targets & start walking

So how's the ride - bad, bad, really bad. Work started again after holiday period and no time at all to even think about shooting. Luckily I took a safety shot from the window in my office. Only value in that picture is to demonstrate that we also see the sun, yippee and maybe, HQ of Angry Birds :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back