Single in January 2015 - register your interest

I'll be in. I need a rocket to get out there, I've been quite morose of late and doing SFA. I was sure I was in that single in january. Well, I know I was, I'm in the book. but none of my shots seem to be in the gallery anymore. Does anyone else see them? Pretty sure I used the XZ-1, so this time I'll go for single focal length... probably X100 since I have been neglecting it. OR V1 with 18.5mm lens.

Sue look here! https://www.photographerslounge.org/gallery/search.php?searchid=76679

I'm in. Since there's a bundle of new stuff coming in while planning ahead for a trip to China later this year (a good thing is supposed to be a cure for GAS) I'm not sure yet what to shoot with. The easy choice would be my old favorite PL25, but I'm also thinking of exploring one of the new ones. The 75 would provide me with a bit more of a challenge since long shots puzzle me. The camera might well be my primes body EM5, but perhaps this would be a good way to learn my way around the EM1 (which I bought primarily to attach the 12-40 and 40-150 zooms to). Decisions decisions.

I think I´m in as well, but I am having a bit of trouble deciding on the gear. The logical choice (and my preference) would be the M9P and 50mm Summilux, but the camera is in the shop and will not be back by January 1st. The alternative is the very recently purchased Canon 7D Mk. II and either the 17-40mm or the 28mm 1.8 (45mm eq.) which would restrict me to a single focal length, and would make for a setup similar (although much less compact) to what I used for the first SIJ. I´ll let you know when I decide.

Cheers,

Antonio

This may be what I need. My cameras are sooooo, lonely lately. Just languishing in the bag. And, the operator lounging in the recliner, within arm's length. Think, I'll pull out the G5 and OM 50mm 1.8.
It's a dreadful time of year, here for photography. So Winter drab. More challenging to actually pick up, get up and go! :th_salute:
As an additional qualifier, I will focus on the theme, "around the farm".

Well, well, we've done well. 24-hours in and we have a nice mix of old hands and new blood gathering for the SiJ15 muster already. By way of thinking music (a.k.a. tinny out-of-tune bugle) for those unsure here's the posse so far.

Luke - RX1
Briar - TBA
Lightmancer - X100S
drd1135 - X100S
christlou - TBA
ReD - TBA
PJacobs - X-E1+18-55mm
carlb - Stylus-1
trisberg - A7+fast50 or X100
Covey22 - X-E1+18-55mm
ChangshaNotes - X100T
kyteflyer - X100
bilzmale - Canon G5 (IR)
marlof - EM5 or EM1 + PL25 (oh what a sweet, sweet lens!)
Darren Bonner - GX7 + PL25 (ibid)
Matero - X100S
BillN - DP3M
ajrameriz - TBA
snkenai - Panasonic G5 + OM50/1.8
Phoenix - XP1+XF35/1.4
donlaw - X100T or Coolpix A
stillshunter - X100S

Click the hyperlink by the user to view the original sign-up. Not to lock anyone into their camera choices, as all are considered tentative until 31 December 2014, but so you know who's packing what and maybe why.

Ok. Although January is cold and dark. And the nature of my job probably means i'll be cold wet and covered in something sticky or smelly or both.
I'm in. With a GH3 and 35-100. And i'll use the long end.
With regard the description for uploading photos. Top right ? Am i seeing the same page

there's a new one, Sue. All empty and ready for inspiration.

Love your work mate - quick as!
Here's the link to the SiJ15 gallery for those folks who like to be expedient with their bookmarking.

We'll also open a series of threads to talk through how things are going - if I recall last time we divided these up into 10 day chunks. Trust me, we'll need this thread to keep each other on track and motivated.

Getting pumped and/or psyched.

I'm in. This sounds pretty fun and challenging. I'm going to go with my Oly EPL-5 and probably an odd choice for lens, I'm gonna go with the 40-150 4-5.6R. It will be a big change because I've been mostly using my X-T1 with the 23mm glued to it. A change of pace will probably be good.

so simply, is the idea to post one image every day in January with the camera/lens of your choice

Even simpler Bill - make/take one image every day in January with the camera/lens of your choice....the posting you can do later on or in batches.
(Also talking through the challenge helps us all get through and the most out of it).

Seeing you all chime in, makes this very tempting. I'd like to say I'll try to give it a go, however my computer is going to have to go into the emergency room very soon...so I'm not sure how I'll be able to post unless I can continue to use my iPhone 5 as my photographic tool. If you all are AOK with my tool, I'll join you?

I'd love to get back into using my X100, but without a laptop, I just don't see it happening.

Back