Single in January 2015 - register your interest

May I unofficially join in from Jan 5 onwards? I'm currently half way round the world from my preferred camera/lens combo (X-E2 & XF23) and won't be back in time to start from Jan 1.

I would consider that officially joining in, Olli. (y). And if you want to "unofficially" join in for the first 4 days with a different combo, I think we can all look the other way. This group has always been about inclusivity rather than exclusivity.

Alright folks 48 hours left until we spur forward. For those who like to know who they're riding with (and those that are fuelled by competitiveness) here's the posse so far.

Luke - RX1
Briar - TBA
Lightmancer - X100S
drd1135 - <s>X100S</s> Coolpix A
christlou - TBA
ReD - TBA
PJacobs - X-E1 + 18-55mm
carlb - Stylus-1
trisberg - A7 + fast50 or X100
Covey22 - X-E1 + 18-55mm
ChangshaNotes - X100T
kyteflyer - <s>X100</s> TBA
bilzmale - (Canon) G5 (IR)
marlof - EM5 or EM1 + PL25
Darren Bonner - GX7 + PL25
Matero - X100S
BillN - DP3M
ajrameriz - TBA
snkenai - (Panasonic) G5 + OM50/1.8
Phoenix - XP1 + XF35/1.4
donlaw - X100T or Coolpix A
Ripleysbaby - GH3 + 35-100mm
Woody112704 - EPL-5 + 40-150 4-5.6R
BBW - iPhone5
Itchybiscuit - (Panasonic) G5 + Tokina SZ-X 270 28-70mm f3.5-4.5
theoldsmithy - X-E1 + XF35/1.4
MoonMind - E-M10 + 17/1.8
mmacleodbrown - K30 + FA28/2.8
Hanneke - V1 + 18.5 - nominated by Marlof needs to confirm
olli - X-E2 + XF23 - joining 5 Jan - great to have you riding with us mate!
stillshunter - X100S

** entries branded bold just need some tightening up - no hurry just making sure all's accounted for before we set off.

Still time enough for saddling up, mouthing bits, etc., preferable to get ready well in time rather than jumping on bareback as we ride out of town...31 days without being able to rise to the trot is a test for any man or woman.

C'mon folks still lots of room

Where can I buy this TBA camera....it sounds exciting. ;)

In all seriousness, my rig is now officially TBA. I may be going with the X-Pro1 (it IS my only camera that is designated for professional use :tongue:) and either the 35mm (to be more like Phoenix) or go super old school and manual focus-only with my beloved (and seriously underused 50mm f1.4 Super Takumar).

I looked up Kendal Mint Cake. Wikipedia said "Kendal Mint Cake is a glucose-based confection flavoured with peppermint". I thought the British spelling of flavor was a nice touch.
The Wikipedia entry shows the chocolate-covered version. The casual reader should note that this is a perversion which all right-thinking people shun.

To be fair, my reference to Kendal Mint Cake was even more obscure. It is not a just confection, by the way but an early "energy bar" from over 100 years ago. Sold in tins it was a favourite of intrepid explorers expanding The Empire. My exact reference was to a "Not The Nine O'Clock News" sketch from the 1980s. The scene was a group of Arctic explorers in a frozen hut, planning their expedition. The leader was dividing up loads and duties against the counterpoint of one of the party (Rowan Atkinson, if I recall correctly) who kept on obsessively about carrying the aforementioned minty product.

Will shut up and stop hijacking now :rolleyes:

I'm nowhere near the Lake District so I shall be avoiding the Kendal Mint Cake even though it is decidedly 'moreish'. ;)

On a thread-related note, I might have to change my nominated lens at the last minute. My Tokina is so new, it hasn't even arrived yet. If it doesn't hit my welcome mat by tomorrow I shall have to use my Rokkor 55/f1.7 instead. I'll update tomorrow afternoon...

Back