Single in January 2015 - register your interest

I would like to try this again.
I am just becoming familiar with a Leica 109.
So, that will be the camera and lens for the month.
What will we all see?
JH

Great to see you again my friend - though I've been keeping an eye on you via Flickr. Be great to have you riding beside us mate, especially packing that 109 in your holster!

I'll bite - not sure i can keep up though.

I'll go with my single camera - Pentax K-01 and the 40mm kit lens (or maybe a PK 28mm manual).

Got ya mate. Welcome aboard.

Will update the list again shortly with 24-hours to go....and hopefully we can firm up some of those TBAs :tomato2:

Noting the amount of newbies onboard, and the failing memory of some of us seasoned veterans, I'll also map out where to post your images and where to keep the commentary on our progress.

Pretty excited now!

With the rapidly approaching deadline, a have decided the best plan is to commit to using the Coolpix A. I know there is some business travel coming up mid month and that will be the the easiest camera to tote around.

The Posse

Here's the official board for names of fellow riders and what they're packing. This will be updated as things firm up over the next 24 hours and the source link that we hitch subsequent threads and posts to over the next 31 days.

NB: bold areas or entries need attention before heeling your spurs

Luke - Fuji X100
Briar - Ricoh GR
Lightmancer - Fuji X100S
drd1135 - Nikon Coolpix A
christlou - Leica M + Zeiss Sonnar 50/1.5
ReD - Fuji X10
PJacobs - Fuji X-E1 + XF18-55
carlb - Olympus Stylus-1
trisberg - Nikon Coolpix A
Covey22 - Fuji X-E1 + XF18-55
ChangshaNotes - Fuji X100T
kyteflyer - Ricoh GRDIII
bilzmale - Canon G5 (IR)
marlof - Olympus EM-1 + O75
Darren Bonner - Panasonic GX7 + PL25
Matero - Fuji X100S
BillN - Sigma DP3 Merrill
ajrameriz - Canon 7D Mk. II + EF 28/1.8
snkenai - Panasonic G5 + OM50/1.8
<s> Phoenix - Fuji X-Pro 1 + XF35 </s> Sorry to lose you mate.
donlaw - Nikon Coolpix A
Ripleysbaby - Panasonic GH3 + 35-100mm
Woody112704 - Olympus EPL-5 + O40-150
BBW - iPhone5
Itchybiscuit - Panasonic G5 + Tokina SZ-X 270 28-70mm f3.5-4.5
theoldsmithy - Fuji X-E1 + XF35
MoonMind - Olympus E-M10 + 17/1.8
mmacleodbrown - Pentax K30 + FA28/2.8
Hanneke - Nikon V1 + 18.5
olli - Fuji X-E2 + XF23 - joining 5 Jan
Isoterica - Fuji X100S - though still class-dependant...
muzee - Pentax K-01 + 40mm or PK 28mm
jhawker - Leica Typ 109
jssaraiva - Olympus E-PL7 and O17/1.8
photogfollett - Fuji X10
Landshark - Sony RX100 Mk.III - short fill-in 1-3 Jan with RX1r
stillshunter - Fuji X100S

Put me down for the X100, just because it's winter and cold here and it is always on a neckstrap. So it means I can wear it out the door and keep my gloved hands in my pockets until I stumble upon something worth shooting. So just like my recent vacation, I'm leaving all my "best" cameras at home :mad:. And if ANYONE says that crap about the best camera being the one with you, I swear I'll knock your block off.

X100S - Still time (class) dependent, however, I shoot on weekends anyway (usually when hiking). Might be able to even if I'm not "having" to for class :D

---Huh, realization, that's in another day :eek:

Alright the horses are getting bolschy, we need to be ready to move.

We will be leaving this thread shortly - as this is just the registration before we head off - all we 're left to do here is tighten up our gear.

For the newbies, here are some key markers:

1. Discussion on how we are progressing happens via this threaded link here. I'll open a new thread from days 11, then day 21. But you'll get the knack by day 10 - trust me. From experience, please use the thread to keep the conversation going. You'll quickly see why doing this with friends is so good...and often so necessary.

2. Images are posted in this location. Easiest way is during your upload to the Photgraphers Lounge Gallery, select the Single in January 2015 from the first drop down menu entitled "Choose a category to upload your images to. Pick a category that relates most to your image(s).". Please then use the standard naming convention of "SiJ15 - Day xx" I'd encourage you to allow members to comment - and so choose "Yes" for this option. But this is not mandatory.

3. A refresher of the "rules/guidelines/how we roll" for SiJ'15 can be found here

4. You can view the rest of the posse and what they are packing here.

5. If you have any questions along the way then I'd encourage you to just tap on the shoulder of an SiJ veteran - happy for you to ask me but if I look too aloof then I'd suggest the likes of (though I've not asked their permission) of trisberg, marlof, Lightmancer, Luke, etc.

6. Have fun!

Just trying to finalise....... A7R and either Contax G 45mm or FE55 1.8..... can't decide :(

Let's see how the spirit moves you for that first shot Christilou....so good to have you riding with us.

If you're looking for 'advice' it'd be to run with the G45, for nothing more than the fact that I've come this close several times to buying into the Contax G system just to shoot that lens!

Back