Single photo output required—don't know how?

Discussion in 'Nikon 1 Forum' started by Wetstuff, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Wetstuff

Wetstuff SC Rookie

Apr 7, 2014
    When I take a shot I get a whole bunch of them? I get like 5ea.

I cannot find a setting where I only get a single image output. I am afraid of taking 10-12 shots...

A new board I just got from Hawaii.

MT1.

Thanks. Jim

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I don't have a Nikon 1 series camera handy to look through the menus.....you'll be looking for called "Drive mode" probably

3. MoonMind

MoonMind SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    Probably a newer J series camera in Continuous mode ... (purely electronic shutter, hence no sound); Luke's right about the hint to look for in the menu. Confusingly, you'll probably have to change "Continuous" in "Continuous" (oh, the joy of menu item labeling) to "Single frame".

M.

4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Its called "Continuous" in the menus on my J1 and V1, and needs to be set to Single Frame, as Matt said.

5. MoonMind

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    @kyteflyer@kyteflyer V1 here too :) Still can't let it go ... (even more so since my Olympus E-PM1 died ...)

M.

6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I hear ya!. I can't seem to let any of my cameras go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. MoonMind

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    I know what you're talking about ... I initially planned to just keep the V1 with the 18.5mm (great little lens); but I feel the pull of some wide-angle addition. What are you using? The lenses that I keep thinking about are the frugal, yet pleasantly small 10-30mm PD, the 10mm (the natural choice, somehow) and the said-to-be-very-good 6.7-13mm. Anyhow, I should probably just forget about it - still, any opinions on any of those?

M.

8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I have only the 18.5 apart from the 10mm and the standard 10-30 and 30-110. I periodically get tempted by the wide zoom, but more so by the 32, and the 70-300. That said, I'm too financially challenged to indulge.

9. MoonMind

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    @kyteflyer@kyteflyer Thanks, Sue. I can understand your leaning towards the longer lenses - but I have most of that range covered extensively by other systems. I guess I'll just let it rest - even though I'll probably get the 10mm at some time because it's so tiny and said to be at least decent ...

M.

10. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MoonMind

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt