1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Site inresonpsive for me since hack

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by marlof, Sep 13, 2013.

1. marlof

marlof Trying to focus

Dec 25, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Marlof
    Even since the site has been hacked, I have to repeat every action (open a thread, do a search etc) before having it result in a fresh page. I did clean the cookies etc, but so far without any result. Is that me and my connection, or do others suffer from the same?

Edit: sorry for the typos, but had to retype this post a few times on my iPad. My accuracy went down...

2. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    I was getting this behaviour intermittently before the hack. Everything is fine right now though. Probably more to do with the way it arrives rather than the site itself being unstable .
    I really don't have a clue on how any of it works so I am not qualified to say

3. marlof

marlof Trying to focus

Dec 25, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Marlof
    The restart due to the security update today seems to have brought back a resonsive site again for me. If things go out of order again, I'll report again, but for now my issue seems to have been solved.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Glad to hear that.

5. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Having probs with Gallery

Could not connect to User databaseAccess denied for user 'asabet_asabet'@'localhost' to database 'asabet_serious'

6. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    ditto

7. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Was the same for me, now working. Could it be that someone who shall remain nameless was tinkering :smile:

Barrie

8. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    Things working well for me, except no notification when a post receives a "Thanks".

9. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Same as Chris here too. All good barring no notifications. Not sure about PMs but certainly not clocking up any thanks.

10. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    Ditto

11. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Yes I think its sad we lost the Thanks notification - we have lost the interaction & rapport this produced

I think this is a reverse step

It means you have to remember to visit your own images to see the thanks update (whereas before I got the ocassional thanks notifier on images posted months ago) - I wonder what would be the point of handing out a thanks on older images if the person is unlikely to be aware of it.

I'm not interested in the personal thanks total we had before but simply on the notification

12. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I think this may well be reinstated in time. I know that many of us enjoyed the "interaction and rapport" as you did. Let's give it some time... This has happened on FujiXspot and most likely on most of Amin's forums. I'm pretty sure that things will get fixed up as he has the spare time to work on them.

• Like Like x 3
  13. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    I'm grateful for all the work Amin has done; especially considering the extent of the damage and the fact he has patients to attend to in the real world. :eek: Please, please, please folks don't misinterpret the observations. We're back, we're live and we suffered no roll-back. In typical Serious Compacts fashion we are encountering very first-world problems :blush:

• Like Like x 3