1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Smallest m43: Panasonic GM1+12-32 f/3.5-5.6 for 699 Euro

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by serhan, Oct 15, 2013.

1. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    wow that looks really small! Guess the rumors that the body would be LF1-sized were correct. Overall camrea+lens looks about the size of an LX7! I'm curious about the rear and the amount of manual controls it offers...

3. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Nice looking camera.

4. Richard

Richard SC Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Marlow, UK
    Nice and slippery.

-R

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    that white one super sexy

6. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    I'll be the first complainer: a pancake 12/2, or even 12/2.8 would have been more compelling. On the other hand, if this little body has IBIS, and/or has multi-shot noise reduction, the slow lens shouldn't be too bad.

Relative to the diameter of the lens, the body seems about the same size as the EPM2.

7. retow

retow SC All-Pro

Jul 24, 2010
    I can see the appeal for someone who is fully into mft with a pro body and has this new Lumix as a pocket/back up solution capable of using the same lenses. As a stand alone solution, I much prefer a Ricoh GR, the only compact not compromising on lens quality, UI and functionality.

8. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    I actually use my silver E-p3 naked (sans grip), and have found it to be fine. But I handle it primarily left handed by the lens, and use right for almost all body controls. But, with a pancake lens it would be less handy I'd think. I don't like the all silver look, and bought a gariz cover kit, that I have misplaced! So I could see the little GM1 as a wide angle companion to the E-p3 and Pentax-M 50mm. Hmmmm Wonder how long before it priced at about 1/3 retail? :rolleyes:

9. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    I'm thinking it could replace my RX100 perhaps.

10. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Dunno if I need anything this small. For a second body I'd rather retain the same a similar level of function as the primary body. But as a third body... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  11. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
  12. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    That's the new soap bar design.

• Like Like x 1
  13. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
  15. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    I wonder what the relative size is with the 14/2.5 mounted on it. Unless I really needed 12mm, I'd rather have a 14/2.5 over this zoom. Extra stop of light means using 3200 vs 6400, which does matter for m4/3 cameras.

17. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    It should be small but still not like RX100/gr/Nikon a size due to lens... Perfect match will be 15mm f/8 cap lens but the IQ again takes a hit if you print large...

18. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    The RX1 isn't small though. It's small sideways. But not depth wise. No way I could ever slide that into my jeans pocket, unlike the GR.

The more I look at the GM1, the more it grows on me.

On the other hand, that seems to be the case with me as it relates to most gear.

• Like Like x 1
  19. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    I did again, fingers are too slow :) I meant RX100...

The real competition is nex 3n with 16-50 is on sale for $330-350 and has 12mm and 20mm pancakes but again not pocketable like RX100/gr/a...

I don't know how the handling will be if you look at these comparisons from mu-43:
    3VbVYq1.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    quit putting your cameras in your pockets.