Snapseed for Mac

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by kyteflyer, Jan 10, 2012.

1. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Coming soon! (This month, through the app store)
    Snapseed | Snap it. Tweak it. Love it. Share it.

Also coming for Android.

Press release here

No doubt that I'll get it. I love it on my iOS devices but to have it on the mac, and operate natively on uploaded from camera shots that have not been passed through iOS... thats magic.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I saw this on dpreview but was a little confused... So now I don't have to buy an iPad anymore?:biggrin:

3. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Yes, you do. Even if you don't get Snapseed. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Grant

Grant SC Veteran

Nov 12, 2010
    Lunenburg Nova Scotia
    I agree with Biro … you know you want it BB.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I do, I do.:blush: You have been listening to me whine about this forever!

I am waiting to see what the iPad 2 + or 3 will be.

But seriously, this Snapseed could be fun, but it won't be tactile. My computer screen is already dirty enough!:tongue:

6. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    go on - give the moths some air

7. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    They're too well aired Bill - remember our daughter's Japan trip! However, since I can't afford the new Fuji...maybe I can afford an iPad?:rofl: How's that for creative accounting?

Back to Snapseed. I will have to check it out when I have some time.

8. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    BB -- when the iPad 3 comes out, I'll buy a 2, and you can buy my iPad 1 on the cheap ;) Complete with hand stitched leather case!

9. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
  10. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Yes, you do. You know you need it and want it. I just sold my iPad 1 and am planning to wait until the 3 is released and all the fanbois start selling off their 2s at reasonable prices :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Honestly, what I'd like to do is buy my husband an inexpensive iPad...so he'd stop swearing at my old laptop and stop sitting at the dining room table with it. :wink:

Thanks, Sue, I'm holding out too...but I guess I should see what the Snapseed for the Mac is all about. I'll have to spend some time on that website... I'm too busy with the SIJ right now.:drinks:

12. Grant

Grant SC Veteran

Nov 12, 2010
    Lunenburg Nova Scotia
    Like that is going to happen when you get an iPad !NOT!

In our house it buttresses our meal time conversations. Today we had a strange conversant about how much bigger is a hectare that an acre …*easily solved when the iPad is always an arm stretch away.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Probably when you get an iPad (note the use of "when" as opposed to "if") you wont care if he is monopolising the laptop.

14. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Available now
    Mac App Store - Snapseed

and... purchased. This appstore stuff will be the death of my bank account. its just too damned easy.

And too damned easy to use, and then to send to flickr. First example, one of the gulls I shot this morning
    [​IMG]
    Gull, snapped by kyte50, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  15. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
  16. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    Thanks for the heads up Sue!!!
    Just off to get it now, love snapseed :)

17. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    :drinks: To both of you for your snapping!

19. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon SC Regular

So Grant......reveal the answer....how much bigger is a hectare than an acre?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Grant

Grant SC Veteran

Nov 12, 2010
    Lunenburg Nova Scotia
    Snapseed is an app by Nik that enhances images. There are a number of apps/plugins I have that do this like that, Nik, Topaz, Funtastic and I suspect Snapeed, in the not to distant future. The are great little apps that give images an added punch. The problem is that at the best the don’t make you a better photographer and at the worst they can make you a lazy photographer.

I try to post an image a day and I have been doing that for ten years and that is a pretty hard goal to achieve. There are times when creativity dries up and to be perfectly honest not every picture I make is up to my expectations so I end up posting less than perfect images. Even when I post good images there are people who don’t like the good ones and do like the bad ones. Life is confusing.

Now back to manipulation. A case in point is a while back I posted two images, a day apart. One image had all that should make an image good with the exception it was very muted in colour, the other had nothing going for it, with the exception of colour. The first I printed straight the second I gave it one h3ll of a kick in software. Guess which one got the praise?

If I listen to my software I would not worry about making good images but would post well processed crap. The point is, I believe, one should be careful when using things like Snapseed.

End of rant. For what it is worth I didn’t start out to writer a rant but that is how it turned out … sorry!

• Like Like x 1