Snapseed Now Free for Android and iOS

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    A lot of our members are fans of Nik Software and were worried when Google acquired Nik. The first move shouldn't upset too many people*.

Nik Snapseed, photo editing software for mobile devices as well as Windows and Mac, is now available for both Android and iOS (previously no Android version) and is free on <strike>all platforms</strike> all mobile platforms (previously $4.95 on iOS).

You can get it in the Apple Appstore or Google Play Store.

More information here: Snapseed | Snap it. Tweak it. Love it. Share it.

*Excepting a few who just spent $5 to buy Snapseed.

Correction: This post previously said Snapseed was free on all platforms. The Mac and Windows versions still cost $19.99 each. Only the iOS and Android versions are now free.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I just updated. Not much new except one set of retro filters that I probably won't use much and an entirely new "frames" engine (borders) that gives a lot of options but almost no control over the border once you've chosen it. And no options that come close to the types of borders I generally prefer. Bummer. I guess some new sharing options but I never share straight from snapseed anyway. Overall, slightly worse for my use.

3. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Ray: Think mass market and family snaps. A bit disappointing, but at least we still have Snapseed on the computer
  4. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    And not all android platforms, only 4.0 and up. Missed the bus again though it is getting to be time to upgrade. Not.. just yet though.